Regional Sales Manager
Eaton’s Electronics Division is seeking a Regional Sales Manager. The Regional Sales Manager will work out of a remote office in one of the following states with access to a major airport: Minnesota, Texas, Michigan, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Georgia, or Florida.
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for achieving acceptability of products in the marketplace, maintaining close relations with specifying factors that generate.
The primary function of this position is to effectively leverage and engage resources to coordinate and grow sales of products, services and solutions by driving specifications and solutions to Eaton’s benefit at specifying and procurement levels within the targeted market. They will be working in conjunction with sales managers at high levels within the target market(s) to integrate Eaton technologies/services into plans and request for proposals. The role will be responsible for developing/implementing product application solutions, and providing technical support.
- Plan and direct the efforts of sales personnel in securing sales volume in accordance with prescribed objectives.
- Develop and maintain liaison with top management of global, national, or regional facilities of key accounts and distributor branch offices located within the region.
- Analyze sales levels and trends, and initiate action as necessary to ensure attainment of sales objectives.
- Develop and recommend an annual sales plan, forecasts, and objectives for sales within assigned region as well as transfer business (influenced within, but shipping outside of, region).
- Develop and maintain a staff of qualified, skilled, and motivated sales personnel.
- Ensure that appropriate technical assistance including training programs for distributors and field sales personnel regarding the application of products is provided.
- Provide data to regional and divisional management on business product trends, technology trends, and competitive situations.
- Recommend new, modified, or expanded products or markets.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of field sales experience in the electronics industry
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Must possess and maintain a valid & unrestricted driver's license
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the following states will be considered: Minnesota, Texas, Michigan, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Georgia, or Florida.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Ability to travel up to 75%
- Established strong understanding of Americas’ electronics manufacturers REP firms and electronic components Distribution channel
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Superior customer service, analytical, and communication skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ELXD Electronics Business
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time