Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Product Strategy Manager
Eaton has an opening for a Product Strategy Manager. This role will be located at our Shanghai, China facility.
This role will be responsible for the general business planning, the development of global product strategy, leading the technical sales & marketing activities, and identification of opportunities with current and new customers for the Commercial Powertrain product group in the China & South East Asia market.
The essential functions of the role include:
• Identifies customer needs for the Torque Control product group globally. To support profitable growth, through frequent visits with customers to develop and strengthen relationships with key contacts / decision makers. Develop Eaton perspective on the technical trends that will be adopted by the market, aligning with product development and engineering.
• Collects and communicates Voice of Customer (VOC) inputs used to generate new product innovations to solve customer needs, often above and beyond immediate requests. Identify global product portfolio needs for profitable growth, assuring customer needs and wants are contemplated in strategic planning and new product developments.
• Build Pipeline of Opportunities for the business. Develop organized and coordinated approach to proactively engage with customer’s advanced engineering & product development team to deliver new opportunities for Eaton.
• Lead the growth strategy, including leadership reviews communicating product top priorities, growth opportunities, business risks and opportunities, demo plan, competitive landscape and contribute to commercial and pricing strategies. Analyzes and shares underlying market trends and evolving regulatory requirements that lead to new opportunities in specific segments, and craft presentations that articulate those needs.
• Develops and coordinates the strategic direction for the Commercial Powertrain product line for China and South East Asia consistent with Eaton’s mission as well as the Commercial Powertrain business essence. Generates top-line growth by identifying opportunities for profitable growth with current and new technologies and products.
• Develops comprehensive price/volume strategies to support Eaton’s financial performance targets. Strategies are market driven, based on value proposition and competitive landscape.
• Relentlessly monitors market dynamics, including customer and competitor developments, and recommends strategies to management. Closely work with Eaton sales and market planning teams to exchange knowledge and information on customer needs, market drivers / trends, forecast, new vehicle launches, competition activity and business intelligence.
• Lead R&D definition and funding for NPDs top priorities. Ensures selling and marketing support to regional sales teams on technical aspects of product sales pursuits. Liaison between customer and product lines. Provide training and support to both Eaton team and customers on the products under his/her responsibility. Generates monthly reports to keep senior management informed.
• Support product line in defining strategic plan outlook, capital expenditure for growth and profit plan activities.
• Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering or Business)
• 8 years of experience in vehicle design, testing, manufacturing, product management, product planning or sales
• English language proficiency
• Market knowledge of the Automotive / Driveliine industry
• Analytical: Must be able to leverage PowerPoint, Excel and database tools to develop comprehensive presentations and analysis.
Preferred/Additional Specialized Knowledge (not required to be qualified for position):
• MBA or equivalent preferred
• Ability to foresee market trends and propose solutions with confidence
• Knowledge of commercial powertrain system, driveline components and performance objectives
• Technical knowledge on Eaton product portfolio
• Knowledge of regional OEMs and their products
• Competitor product knowledge
• Ability to anticipate emerging issues that have the potential to impact revenue and profits
• Demonstrated experience leading & supporting regional business initiatives
• Business case knowledge of metrics that affect program profitability
• Proven ability to concisely communicate market trends and the impact to business. Ability to deliver differing perspectives by providing logical interpretation of multiple perspectives and scenarios.
• Demonstrated experience in developing recommendations based on the aggregation of numerous variables and market conditions. Develops forecasts with open view of leading market drivers and indicators.
• Experience in driving aligned actions through groups that don’t directly report to them.
• Project management skills: Ability to lead the planning, implementation, and evaluation of projects according to established processes; serve as a consultant for internal and external customers.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time