Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Taiwan RD Materials Supervisor
Essential Functions Include:
A. Develop, control, and approve all rubber recipes for all products developed for manufacture in the Taiwan factory. From lab scale to pilot scale for PPAP /SOP readiness.
B. Coordinate global materials direction as specified by the Global Materials Leader onward to APAC plants in TW and TH. Ensure all raw materials used are approved by the Global Materials Leader.
C. Strive to optimize material properties by controlling mixing procedures, sheeting procedures, or other material prep methods.
D. Consolidate and provide technical recommendation of test data through global engineering database (Enovia).
E. Establish best practices and document standard procedures for rubber compounding, mixing, sheeting, and testing to ensure global standards are being met. This includes rubber compounding, color development, and paint development.
F. Lead the compliance of Global Material Standards. Strive to establish common formulas and processes worldwide with the goal of minimizing the number of formulas developed.
G. Support Global Engineering Standards. Establish and maintain centralized online data storage for all data. Ensure the master database is organized and secure..
H. Establish best practices for material records. Establish and maintain a log of all materials and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) on all chemicals and materials used in the Taiwan R&D group. Ensure compliance with Eaton safety standards and other regulatory requirements.
I. Establish best practices and lessons learned on compound formulas and process controls to achieve robust product quality and minimize blooming. Pursue continuous learning and improvement to advance the knowledge for the work team.
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science or Materials Science from an accredited institution.
• 5 years’ experience with polymer development or rubber compound development.
• Advanced Degree in Chemical Engineering or Polymer Science from an accredited institution.
• 10 years’ experience formulating rubber compounds
• 5 years’ experience with natural rubber and epdm materials
• 5 years’ experience in developing colors for rubber compounds
• 5 years’ experience in changing rubber specific gravity and durometer properties
• 5 years’ experience developing standard rubber compounds for multiple locations
• Expertise of polymeric materials properties (chemical to physical properties relationships)
• Expertise of rubber mixing, calendaring, and molding.
• Expertise with Kneader mixing, Banbury mixing (a plus) of rubber compounds.
• Experience developing formulas for different colors of rubber.
• Data management and use of tools such as excel and online data management
• A disciplined and logical thought process.
• Organized, methodical, quick, consistent, repeatable. Able to manage multiple projects with a focus on priorities and deliverables.
• Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
• Software skills in Word, PowerPoint and proficiency in Excel
• English communication skills, both verbal and written
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: HYD GOLF Golf Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time