Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Fabrication Technician II - 2nd Shift
Eaton has an immediate opening for a Fabrication Technician II- 2nd Shift located in Greenwood, SC.
- Receive work assignments from supervisor or production control system.
- Input information into data collection system as required.
- Work from manufacturing information, sketches, drawings, oral and written instructions.
- Set-up and perform metal joining and cutting operations, with ferrous and nonferrous metals such as (copper, steel, stainless steel, aluminum, galvanized steel, and cast metals), with or without fixtures, using a variety of welding and brazing equipment, robot CNC welders and housing saw.
- Perform routine maintenance on machinery such as oiling, manual clamp adjustments, and clamp/finger replacement
- Frequently pushing or pulling up to 100 lbs; frequently lifting up to 50 lbs. In addition use material handling equipment to load, unload, transport, and position heavy loads.
- Be familiar with all materials used to perform job functions. Follow material safety data sheet instructions.
- Utilize calipers, gauges, or other measuring devices to assure engineering standards to the .001 precision level.
- Perform statistical process control on machinery, as required.
- Assist lower coded operators or perform tasks of lower coded positions.
- Set-up and operate manual shear.
- All employees are expected to comply with the environment, health and safety guidelines.
- Six (6) months of previous fabrication experience
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Relocation is not offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate Greenwood, SC area (50 miles) will be considered for this position
- Previous experience running bend, punch, cutoff, shear and iron worker machining centers
- Previous experience using overhead cranes and fork lifts to move material.
- Ability to read and interpret various fabrication drawings
- Experience with precision measuring devices such as; calipers, OD/ID and depth gauges, and other measuring devices
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No