Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Customer Service Representative, Materials
Eaton's Vehicle Group is looking for a Customer Service Representative within its Materials function to be based in Galesburg, MI.
Serves as the customer’s advocate within Vehicle Group OEM or aftermarket customers ensuring that superior levels of customer service are delivered for the assigned account responsibilities. This includes efficient and effective order management that provides on-time and complete shipments of products. This is achieved through monitoring customer requirements, problem resolution and communicating effectively. Additionally, this includes reviewing inventory availability and coordination of shipments with Eaton manufacturing sites or distribution locations.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two years of experience in Material Planning, Logistics, Customer Service, or related field
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship on a continuous basis
- No relocation is offered for this role. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Galesburg, MI.
- Proficiency in systems (Oracle ERP, MS Office, and Web Based Programs)
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders, including Sales, Marketing, Quality, Finance, 3rd party providers, plants, and management
- Experience working within Operations or Materials in a plant manufacturing environment is a plus
- Position may require travel (up to 10%) to customer locations, plants or distribution locations.
- Position requires a strong sense of urgency in order to respond in a timely fashion to customer requests and problem resolution. May also include support beyond normal business hours.
- Position requires a unique accountability level, both daily and long-term, that is critical to customer perception regarding Eaton’s delivery performance and overall abilities to utilize industry standard communications and electronic (EDI) transactions which are requirements of doing business in the OEM channel. Any lack of response is directly correlated with lost business.
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills, ability to take action based on the analysis of facts and ability to understand customers systems and how they interface with Eaton.
- Ability to act independently with minimal supervision.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time