Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton Aerospace in Bethel CT has an opening for a Materials Planner.
Anticipate and fulfill the needs of internal and external customers by coordinating the material flow with production order schedules in a proper sequence to ensure on-time delivery of customer orders. Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meet specifications.
- Schedule manufacturing and procurement of product to ensure on-time delivery, appropriate capacity utilization, and maintain appropriate levels of inventory.
- Demonstrate high levels of engagement with assigned High Performance Work Teams, including daily stand-up meetings and continuous improvement activities.
- Maintain MRP action message count within approved levels.
- Review MRP planned orders. Firm/adjust planned orders when necessary to achieve monthly and yearly shipment goals.
- Schedule/initiate subassembly and subcontract material procurement while providing manufacturing support through expediting effort.
- Monitor inventory transactions to assure material is being processed in an accurate and timely manner. Identify and communicate potential delays and/or problems to internal and external customers which may impede finished goods delivery.
- Minimize manufacturing shortages and inventory investment while meeting commitments to customer orders, in support with the plant objectives and goals.
- Administer rejected material from suppliers as well as production. Moderate contact with outside suppliers.
- Maintain high levels of communication with all departments to ensure optimum flow of materials and information status through production phases. Also, demonstrate total ownership of all aspects of material/production planning for assigned product lines by attending status meetings and issuing reports to meet internal/external demands.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Must possess basic ability to read and understand engineering drawings and ISO procedures, manufacturing routings/pictorials, quality control procedures, and system reports.
- Must be eligible to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Exposure to MRP scheduling logic.
- Strong project management/organizational skills.
- APICS CPIM certification preferred.
- Heavy use of Microsoft applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time