Distribution Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Product Group is seeking a Distribution Supervisor at its Residential Wiring and Devices Distribution Center in Charlotte, NC.
The 2nd shift Distribution Supervisor coordinates the workflow processes in a fast paced, multi-functional distribution center. This position reports directly to the site Distribution Operations Manager and provides leadership to approximately 20 hourly employees in our distribution center and packaging center, helping to deploy initiatives throughout the facility.
- Effectively lead associates by creating a common vision and understanding of the organization’s strategy, as well as enhancing associate commitment through the celebration of individual and group achievements.
- Manages team leads and associates for the packaging and picking departments to ensure timely distribution of product.
- Directs teams to achieve prescribed objectives.
- Applies sound communication and motivational techniques, creates programs to supervise, counsel and discipline subordinates.
- Review continuous improvement opportunity for packaging and picking areas to and implement changes that enhance product flow.
- Maximize efficiency of associates and productivity of work flow by allocating resources effectively to ensure timely completion of all production processes.
- Provide required resources needed to respond to workload variances.
- Monitor and enhance individual performance through clearly defined expectations, training, coaching and counseling to reach required results.
- Instruct, maintain and improve 5S practices throughout the facility.
- Completed or currently pursuing Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Manufacturing or Operations
- Minimum 1 year of prior leadership experience leading people or project teams
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation is offered for this position. Only candidates located within 50 miles of Charlotte, NC will be considered for this position.
- 3+ years of experience in Manufacturing experience
- Prior experience with 5s, Lean, Six Sigma – Certification
- Prior Distribution experience is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft tools
- Prior experience with SAP
- Effective leadership and interpersonal skills in a team environment
- Must possess strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills with the ability to drive results
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proven training and associate development skills are a must with a strong emphasis on team building
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No