Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton’s Electrical Products Group (EPG) has an open opportunity for a Senior Buyer at their Marina Power & Lighting business in Williamsburg, VA.
Purchase materials and services, obtaining maximum value in terms of price, quality and delivery related to inventory, supplies, and capital goods for the Eaton Marina Power & Lighting facility. This position has a primary focus on obtaining components for engineered to order jobs and achieving cost out projects to achieve plant goals. This role will coordinate with engineering, sales, operations, finance and quality to meet customer demands.
· Manages supplier delivery and performance for inventory purchases
· Develop and maintain plans to obtain department and division improvements and objectives.
· Coordinate material requirements with production schedules, customer requirements, and provide feedback in daily / weekly meetings.
· Manage all functions of warehouse including employee, receipts, parts orders, material movement to production.
· Lead continuous improvement activities.
· Proactively resolve supplier invoicing issues and implement corrective actions to minimize future errors.
· Attend daily production meetings to provide updates on material parts status.
· Create RFQ’s and place purchase orders, negotiating the lowest cost and most favorable terms
· Track and communicate Eaton’s performance to service agreement metrics
· Conduct periodic supplier business reviews to improve supplier performance.
· Actively participate in teams working towards continuous process improvements, elimination of waste, and overall supply chain continuity
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor degree from an accredited institution.
· Minimum of 3 years supply chain, materials management, or operations
· No relocation is offered for this position. Only candidates located within 50 miles of Williamsburg, VA will be considered for this position.
· Must be legally authorized to work in the US on an on-going basis without company sponsorship.
Bachelor degree in Business, Engineering, or Supply Chain Management from an accredited institution.
· Advanced MS Excel and or data mining experience.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No