Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Analyst – Program Accounting
Eaton’s Fuel Motion Control Systems within the Aerospace Group is seeking a Senior Analyst – Program Accounting. The Senior Analyst – Program Accounting will be based at our Los Angeles, CA facility.
This position provides critical support to the R&D program management organization in terms of controls and reporting, as well as leads a number of key general accounting processes for the plant. It is an excellent opportunity for an individual to gain wide exposure to multiple aspects of accounting in a manufacturing and programs environment. This position serves as a business partner to the program management and engineering functions. In addition, this role is responsible for accounting for a variety of CAS covered government contracts and ensuring these programs are appropriately accounted for and reconciled on a monthly basis. This role offers the opportunity to lead projects, provide ad hoc reporting, and drive improvements into all areas of the role.
- Calculates, reports, and interprets financial performance by program, schedule, and financial performance by program to program managers, engineering managers, and functional leaders.
- Develops and implements program finance and program management processes to ensure control, compliance, and improved program execution. Benchmark and incorporate best practices.
- Performs monthly journal entries and reconciliations to ensure that program costs are appropriately accounted for in both the P&L and balance sheet.
- Monitor engineering timecards and make sure that hours worked are appropriately charged and tracked against projects in OTL.
- Manage spend tracking for partially and fully funded government programs.
- Collaborate with Lead Programs Analyst to drive improved program execution by establishing meaningful metrics, identifying necessary achievement levels, and providing gap closure tools.
- Create best practices and processes for government accounting including, but not limited to, calculating engineering labor rates and preparing for government audits.
- Provides monthly analysis to Mfg and R&D budget owners on their budget spending v. forecast.
- Lead salary payroll processing for six Aerospace sites.
- Timely and accurate completion of salary payroll-related journal entries and reconciliations for month-end close.
- Performs certain general accounting month-end journal entries and reconciliations.
- Regular monitoring of site key internal controls (PO audit, SOD & access reviews, etc).
- Provides ad hoc analysis and leads projects as required by Accounting Manager and Controller.
- Helps accomplish the finance department 3-deep objective by continuing documentation and maintaining standard work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in accounting, finance or program management is required.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Los Angeles, CA facility will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Prior manufacturing environment experience preferred.
- Aerospace program experience
- Prior payroll experience
- Prior Oracle/MFG pro experience
- Highly developed computer skills including the MS Office software suite.
- Proven leadership skills. Must be able to drive change.
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills.
- Robust organizational and planning skills. Must be able to manage multiple initiatives.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to establish cross-functional relationships.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time