Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Tooling Engineer
- Design Complex tooling and mylars in support of Manufacturing.
- Gather tooling requirements from manufacturing engineering and product drawings/specifications.
- Provide tool usage documentation.
- Guide Quality Assurance personnel with tool inspection plans, interpretation of inspection data, and plans for problem resolution.
- Guide Tool Room personnel in process of building and repairing tooling.
- Work with Program/Project Management to schedule and prioritize tool design work.
- Create tooling inspection requirements for new tooling.
- Interpret customer inspection requirements for existing or customer controlled tooling.
- Create Tooling/ Rapid Tooling components and oversee Rapid Tooling build process.
- Work with EIEC Tool Design group to provide reference models and design oversight for tooling designed for Tijuana.
- Deploy tool fabrication methodology to support NPD/STP transition projects using designs from EATON EIEC and TJ from other EATON Sites
- 4 Year degree with Engineering or Manufacturing emphasis
- 3 to 5 years of experience in manufacturing work specializing in Complex tool design, Digital Assembly and Integration of Simple Machinery.
- Experience operating traditional machine shop equipment including lathe and mill
- Experience with Advanced inspection techniques.
- Bilingual English/ Spanish
- Computer Skills, including ability to use all MS office software
- Blue print reading
- Autocad, ProEngineer, CATIA
- CNC programming skills are a plus
- Strong Leadership skills
- Customer Focus (internal and external)
- Skill in effective communication
- Teamwork and collaboration with cross-functional team
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Latin America
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No