- Publish all engineering order drawings and maintain bill of material for active and shipped Motor Control Center line-ups
- Work as the primary manufacturing order support personnel, ensuring all engineering documentation is accurate
- Works on a variety of complex assemblies/ new designs for the Motor Control Center product line
- Prepares electrical drawings and completes detailed layout designs to assist with equipment production ( Manufacturing)
- Works independently on assignments utilizing well developed technical skill sets and judgment and should be able to work on multiple complex projects at any given time.
- Accurately utilizes all Engineering tools to properly construct not only Manufacturing documentation, but final equipment foot prints for all projects.
- Works alongside an Application Engineer to ensure electrical specifications and customer request are accurately shown through the design of products. In conjunction with collaborating with marketing, production and sales to meet and exceed market demands.
- Provide technical/mechanical assistance to manufacturing and other engineering groups ( i.e. product lines).
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution plus 5 years of electrical design experience
- Or an Associate’s degree from an accredited institution plus 3 years of electrical design experience
- Or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution OR currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution with an expected graduation date by June 2018
- Must be legally authorized to work within the United States without company sponsorship.
- Understanding of drafting standards and techniques (using computer-aided engineering software)
- Basic knowledge of Low Voltage Motor Control Center product line
- Capability to visualize components, features, and assemblies in three-dimensional space
- Ability to use required engineering software tools and other common computer software (word processing, email, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Sufficient technical vocabulary in order to communicate on a technical level
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only