Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Operational Excellence (OpEx) and Manufacturing Manager
- Acts as the on-site Eaton Lean System / Six Sigma expert, trainer and mentor. Drives the development of future state plans, manufacturing strategies, cross-functional processes, and the establishment of uniform policies and procedures.
- Implements Eaton Lean System (Lean Manufacturing) techniques throughout the plant.
- Monitors overall plant performance toward plant and division objectives for Cost Out activities, including sourcing, design engineering and labor productivity activities. Works with ELSS, VAVE, OpA champions to drive improvements to meet profit plan and strategic plan initiatives. Creates action plans and follows-up on work assignments based on these activities.
- Assists in the day-to-day manufacturing activities by making determinations regarding the applications of ELSS principles, using those principles to make improvements in processes.
- Provides leadership to the manufacturing engineering team and delivers continuous improvement through scheduled Rapid Improvement Events. Provides and secures specific training in tools for new tool champions / experts to meet strategic plans.
- Ensures that the appropriate MESH processes are used in all lean activities.
- Facilitates kaizen/Rapid Improvement Events as required, especially for more advanced applications of ELSS tools or as part of training new tool facilitators.
- Advises, assists and consults with the plant manager and other staff personnel on technical matters affecting the operation or efficiency of the plant.
- Leads the capital expense planning and utilization strategy for the facility. Coordinates the capital planning process with an emphasis on Infrastructure and Productivity.
- Assures that all new processes and equipment are reviewed during the planning process to ensure employee safety when implemented. Also assures that all new processes and equipment are reviewed for compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Performs other duties as necessary and deemed pertinent to the continued success of Company and employee objectives and/or goals with respect to Operational Excellence.
- Model the Eaton ethical conduct policy, the Eaton Values and Philosophy, and comply with all other corporate, plant, and regulatory policies and regulations as applicable.
- Directly supervises approximately 10 skilled employees (Maintenance Technicians, Continuous Improvement Associates, etc.) as well as Manufacturing Engineers(s).
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory and/or leadership experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- 5 + years of supervisory and leadership experience in a manufacturing environment.
- SAP business system experience.
- Six Sigma Green/Black Belt Certification
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to handle multiple and conflicting priorities.
- Foundational knowledge of lean principles and manufacturing processes.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time