Embedded Software Senior Engineer
Eaton's Innovation Center has an opening for a:
Embedded Software Senior Engineer
Location: Prague, Roztoky, Czech Republic
Eaton European Innovation Center has an opening for an Embedded SW Lead Engineer with a focus on dependable applications in the Automotive, Aerospace, and Hydraulics domains.
This position will perform dependable SW design and development for embedded software, firmware & controls in hydraulic, automotive and aerospace applications where dependable functionality is required. In this role, the engineer will be also responsible for managing tools for SW specification, design, integration, testing and verification & validation.
Successful candidates will be able to closely collaborate with global, embedded product development teams from initial conception through each of the design and development phases, up to and including certification and product launch with the support of model-based development processes, and utilization of automated testing, verification & validation tools.
• Embedded software development of dependable systems including team collaboration, version/revision/change control, build management, documentation and reporting.
• Perform architecture, design analysis, and modeling to ensure certification compliance of all functional, performance, and environmental requirements
• Collaborate with cross-functional team members including controls and electronics design engineers to successfully develop and validate designs.
• Drive implementation consistency across multiple resources contributing to the same embedded system architecture. Champion and document improvements to the engineering standard work processes we use to engineer our products.
• Interface with stakeholders. Conduct project reviews and make presentations.
• Work with the marketing and product teams to develop and manage product specification for R&D projects based on customer input market needs.
• Mentor, assign tasks and determine priority for project team members as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in Informatics or Electrical Engineering discipline, or related from an accredited university.
• 3+ year of experience with embedded system applications or relevant engineering discipline.
• Experience with V-model development process with support of model-based development process and automated tools for analysis, testing, verification & validation.
• Experience with Mathworks family tools (Matlab/Simulink).
• Experience in full life-cycle of software development, verification and certification preferably in aerospace, vehicle, hydraulic, or similar domain.
Preferred/Additional Specialized Knowledge:
• Experience in embedded software/firmware design for safety critical applications.
• Experience with IBM Jazz tools (RTC, RQM, SCM, …).
• Experience with formal methods tools (Design Verifier, Polyspace).
• Experience with static and dynamic SW analysis tools (Polyspace, Lint, Unit Testing, MISRA,…).
• Project management skills to assess task effort, manage priorities, and report status.
• Experience in Hardware-In-the-Loop, Model-In-the-Loop, and/or Software-In-the-Loop simulations.
• Experience with functional safety, safety standards and safety certification processes.
What Eaton offers:
• Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
• Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
• Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
• Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University (on-site in Prague).
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit http://www.eaton.com/.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time