Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sales Representative - Lighting Solutions
Eaton’s Lighting Division located in Mississauga, Canada has an opening for a Sales Representative for the Greater Toronto Area.
This role presents the
opportunity to work closely with contractor, distributor and end user accounts
to provide Eaton lighting and lighting controls solutions to the market. These
solutions apply to a broad spectrum of products in the lighting category ranging
from traditional to IoT enabled luminaries in a fast paced lighting
environment. Successful applicants will be part of the Eaton lighting team
based in Mississauga, Ontario dealing with channel partners, contractors, the
specification and architectural community and national accounts.
Manage and coordinate selling activities to capitalize on growing segment specific markets within the Greater Toronto Area.
• Manage all aspects of the relationship with assigned distributor, contractors and end user accounts.
• Be aware of and responsive to market conditions, industry events and competitive activities.
• Plan promotional efforts and presentations with distributor personnel to gain product recognition.
• Assist distributor in establishing technical support, market activities and pricing strategies.
• Prepare and present bids and quotations to customers using company price and delivery guidelines as well as electronic tools.
• Aid customers with lighting and lighting controls design layouts.
• Implement new product programs as they arise.
• Collect, analyze and utilize market intelligence data on competitive products, customer needs, preferences and buying habits.
• Provide necessary reports and surveys as requested by the area Sales Manager in a timely manner.
• Maintain a cooperative and credible working relationship with other company personnel to assure customer satisfaction.
• Maintain an active opportunity pipeline and utilize the CRM system to manage accounts, advance opportunities and achieve goal metrics as outlined by your manager.
• Perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton’s Philosophy and Values as well as the Safety and Environmental standards.
• College Diploma from an accredited institution
• Minimum 3 years of technical sales experience
• Must be legally authorized to work in the Canada without company sponsorship
• Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
• No relocation benefit is offer
for this position. Candidates must reside within the Toronto area to be
• Bachelor of Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology
• Professional Engineer, Engineer in Training, Certified Technologist, or Lighting Certification is preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrate in depth knowledge of lighting and lighting control systems.
• Document a commitment to continuous learning.
• Demonstrate an understanding of Commercial Terms and Conditions.
• Demonstrate well developed presentation skills.
• Superior customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Effective time management skills.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs.
information may be found at:
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time