Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Engineering Design Supervisor
- Plan and direct the front-end COD team.
- Remain knowledgeable of required personnel-related policies and procedures.
- Correct employee actions or behavior to ensure adherence with policies, etc
- Maintain a safe working environment
- As required, prepare complex mechanical layout drawings, including details, and required three-dimensional views to insure proper fit before manufacturing fabricates the piece or assembly.
- Lead drafting and support efforts in the Fayetteville, NC plant. This includes division-drafting standards, drafting systems, and drawing formats.
- Prepare complex layouts, control diagrams, sketches and drawings relating to new and modified equipment specifications, as well as from customer engineering interpretation to the general order.
- Prepare necessary information to ensure efficient and timely material procurement, manufacturing testing, and installation of assemblies.
- Compile data required for project assignments and develop specifications, reports, and other related written documents as required.
- Maintain contact with manufacturing personnel to review and discuss drawings, modifications, and progress of work relating to the design and manufacture of equipment.
- Assist and train engineers, designers and technicians in all aspects of mechanical and electrical drafting and engineering techniques, product applications and systems; recommend technical methods or approaches for these personnel in order to increase their overall quality, timeliness, and productivity.
- As required perform customer order engineering or drafting. Analyze and interpret customer inquiries relating to assemblies, preparing manufacturing information for production.
- Support and assist Sales, Customer Order Engineering, and Drafting:
- Review and analyze product configurations and components, design circuits, perform calculations and provide input to other departments including OPEX, Supply Chain and manufacturing.
- Support company initiatives such as strategic new product design, market and product communications, competitive analysis, customer relations, and productivity, cost, quality, and safety improvements.
- Support and assist with project review/drawing approval meetings.
- Participate and support customer inspections and witness tests.
- Lead project management of orders to support lead-times, OTP and product warranty.
- Analyze manufacturing change notice and warranty data to determine root cause and corrective actions to drive continuous improvement to reduce change notices and CONC.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of Two (2) years electrical or mechanical engineering, designing or drafting in manufacturing environment
- Minimum 1 year of experience leading projects and/or direct reports
- No Sponsorship. Candidates must be legally authorizes to work in the US on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Must be able to travel as necessary to effectively interface with customers and other required contacts, to work at various outside/inside site locations, and to manage or participate in company-related projects, activities, or other job-related assignments.
- Will lead complex strategic projects associated with Lean Manufacturing, Cost Out initiatives, Supplier Development and prepare or lead efforts to design complex mechanical or electrical drawings or some combination of these in a complex, engineered to order manufacturing (ETO) manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Electronic or Mechanical Engineering or other related technical degree.
- 2 or more years managing people
- Project management experience involving engineered to order products in a manufacturing environment.
- AutoCAD experience
- Experience with motor controls design or application experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time