Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sales & Service Manager
- Guides and motivates the sales engineers to secure profitable orders in the LVB & NSB markets. Advises sales engineers in decision making process that allow them to develop a solution and implement action plan to resolution or conclusion.
- Work with Champs to help close major projects based on individual, price, volume, and mix dynamics. Also, help guide the CHAMPS organization with RPI goal setting and quarterly communication calls.
- Maintain current knowledge and expertise of product engineering technologies, competitor capabilities and practices, market conditions / pricing, and market channels in order to develop short-term and long-term product sales strategies for the product line.
- Represents the product line in customer presentations, and marketing / objectives / financial presentations. Represents and protects the product line in decisions concerning business policy concessions and compromises.
- Coordinate customer visits and inspections at the Greenwood facility to support product sales and customer service functions.
- Plan and schedule customer product orders to achieve production loading objectives at maximum profit. Works directly with Plant Operations to prioritize customer order milestones such as drawing dates, ship dates, etc. Attend production meetings as needed to drive priority.
- Respond to numerous technical questions from customers in a timely, concise and professional manner to support customer through the value chain.
- Prepare monthly forecasts, reports, summaries, and other documentation related to sales billed, orders entered, backlogs, price, negotiations, and customer satisfaction.
- Act in supporting role to product line manager in strategic planning, road mapping, & profit planning cycles each year.
- Lead CIF (Continuous Improvement Framework) events and drive team members participation as part of the CI For Everyone culture
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in engineering, sales, sales support, marketing or product management with technical products.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or Marketing from an accredited institution
- MBA from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years product or marketing related experience
- Minimum of 5 years of customer-facing sales or marketing experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience managing others
- Must be able to travel as necessary to effectively interface with customers and other required contacts, to work at various outside/activities, or other job related assignment
- Ability to teach, coach, council, and motivate others – especially direct reports to achieve product line goals & objectives
- Negotiation philosophy, strategies, and tactics
- Excellent interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills. Interfaces include upper management, peers, subordinates, and customers.
- Excellent computer skills MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) – Intermediate-to-Advanced experience with MS Excel for the use of data analysis to aid business decisions.
- Some travel required (approx. 15%-20%)
- Responsible for determining orders potential, staffing requirements, objective setting, and performance monitoring.
- Manages mix of competitive price levels, product designs, and service that result in meeting sales objectives and positively impacting the product line's profitability.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time