Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Lead Analyst, Capacity Planning
Eaton's Vehicle Group is looking for a Lead Analyst in Capacity Planning to be based in Galesburg, MI.
This position serves as the supply planning leader for the Commercial Powertrain plants and inventory management within the North America Vehicle Group Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP) team.
The role requires active coordination with Plant Operations, Operation Services, Materials Planning and Procurement. This individual will work closely with the plant operations teams from North America on a daily basis along with Vehicle Group’s global plants to maintain accurate operations planning data and production execution.
This will include maintaining all production planning information communicating, tracking, and driving metrics as part of the SIOP process. This position will also be responsible for various performance metrics including on-time delivery, forecast accuracy and days on hand, etc… As part of this responsibility, this individual will also be directly accountable for the steel forecasting, interplant planning and alignment of make/buy sourcing.
- Own the monthly capacity planning and forecasting by commodity for all Commercial Powertrain facilities
- Create steel forecast and communicate with external suppliers to achieve supply continuity
- Work directly with Eaton global operations forecasting and tracking production requirements across all operations T
- Track production output and shipments in accordance to the SIOP volumes, including weekly demand and capacity reporting to drive the operations plan
- Align SIOP forecasts with the Finance teams for monthly rolling forecast process on make components
- Manage interplant replenishment process and drive improvements across the internal on-time delivery including internal sales order administration
- Lead the plant operations, SCM on problems solving regarding supply and demand
- Support SIOP Specialists with monthly inventory plan to achieve days on hand goals, min-max levels and dual sourcing initiatives
- Lead continuous improvement projects with the SIOP and Inventory management processes
- Create and deliver presentations to all levels of the organizations
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of three years of Materials, Operations, or Supply Chain experience required
- Minimum of one year of plant operations experience required
- Must be able to work in the U.S. on a continuous basis without sponsorship
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations, or Engineering
- APICS CPIM Certification
- Technical knowledge of forecasting techniques, bill of material structuring and scheduling execution
- ERP knowledge, preferably Oracle
- In-depth knowledge of plant manufacturing processes and value streams from raw materials to finished product is preferred
- In-depth knowledge of the SIOP process and how the customer requirements impact Eaton’s plant production and inventory management is a plus
- Will require 10-15% travel to Eaton plants
- Position requires a strong sense of urgency in order to respond in a timely fashion to critical customer and plant requirements
- Position requires a unique accountability level including short and long-term planning
- Ability to work independently with cross-functional teams with minimal supervision
- Position requires excellent communication, problem-solving skills and proficiency with various IT solutions (Oracle (ERP, Value Chain Planning, APCC), Supplier Vis, Business Intelligence software, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Success in this role also depends on product knowledge, general market understanding and a customer service focus
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time