Internal Controls Analyst
Play a key role in the execution of the overall Sarbanes-Oxley plan for the Electrical Sector annually. Understanding Internal Control Key Control Objectives and Test Plans.
Complete SOX management validations around the globe. Responsible for ensuring the quality of audit work to enable reliance by internal and external auditors at both US and international Eaton sites.
Perform Control testing using ELC review attributes and analytical procedures.
Develop and summarize conclusions on key controls tested, and communicate report findings to Plant and Division Controllers.
Partner with operations to develop solutions for any internal control gaps and remediation of those gaps.
Partners with the operations in disseminating Best Practices and ensuring Eaton Policies are consistently and completely followed.
Provide ad-hoc assistance to Electrical Sector on SOX related issues and initiatives as required.
Special projects as assigned, such as investigation of potential internal controls problems at non-in scope sites, develop training programs, assist with implementation of strategic projects driven by Sector executive management team, etc.
Perform key validations that impact all operations within the Electrical Sector.
Ensure internal control procedures are sufficient to provide assurance to Sector Sr. Management that Sales and Operating Capital are recorded properly and safeguarded.
Provide services to the organization in a cost efficient manner, drive best practices across the enterprise and direct implementation of common controls that provide direct financial benefit to operations.
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited educational institute in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 3 Years work experience.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Required travel approximately 25%
- Experience with internal and external audits.
- Strong technical expertise (US GAAP) in accounting and finance along with a knowledge of balance sheet controls and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance requirements.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills with all levels of Management
- Knowledge of or exposure to common Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems such as MAPICS, SAP and Oracle
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: Electrical Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time