Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton's Electrical North American Sales Division has an opening for an Application Engineer in Louisville, KY or Memphis, TN.
The NAS Application Engineer is a consultative, technical sales professional responsible for supporting Electrical Consultants (power system designers) that serve the local commercial, institutional and government markets. A Senior Application Engineer must possess both strong technical and commercial skills and be experienced in electrical power distribution, power quality and motor control (including AC Drives).
This position is responsible for working with electrical consultants and end-user specifying engineers to assist in the layout and specification of medium voltage, and low voltage, power distribution systems. This position will also be responsible for providing technical product and application leadership for external clients, as well as technical mentoring for Eaton sales engineers.
Essential job tasks include but are not limited to:
Call on electrical engineers at related consulting firms across the assigned sales territory to assist with technical design and position Eaton related products in a preferred position.
- Provide support on major projects including submittals drawings and interfacing with the consultant and owner.
- Work with institutional, industrial and municipal end users to gain acceptance and promote Eaton products.
- Conduct product seminars and training on Eaton products and solutions at targeted consultant firms.
- Provide mentoring and training to sales engineers and other employees within and outside of the NAS organization.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
• Minimum seven (7) years of electrical sales and/or electrical engineering experience
• Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
• No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates currently residing within 50 miles of Louisville, KY or Memphis, TN will be considered.
• Technical knowledge regarding the application of Power Distribution products including medium and low voltage switchgear, panelboards and switchboards, protective relaying and busway.
• Proficient on some or all of the following products and applications: Three-phase UPS systems, power monitoring products including metering and software, and power control products including low-voltage and medium voltage drives.
•Strategic understanding of the US Power Distribution market.
•Ability to write technical specifications for new projects in a manner that will put Eaton in an advantageous position when the project is bid
•Ability to interface with Electrical Consultant principals and lead Electrical Engineers, as well as Facility Engineers at Universities, Municipalities and End Users
•Problem Solving skills
•Effective communication skills. Ability to interact at all levels of an organization, including consultant or end user organizations.
•Presentation and training skills
•Initiative and self-management skills
•Proven capability to find creative solutions to solve complex technical application problems
•Value selling experience
•Ability to travel up to 35%
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
• A Professional Engineer (PE) License
• Extensive electrical experience
• Knowledgeable of Eaton Electrical products, services and competitors
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time