Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton's European Innovation Center has an opening for a:
Location: Prague, Roztoky, the Czech Republic
The Eaton European Innovation Center (EEIC) offers an exciting, engaging, and fun environment for creative engineers who are looking for great learning, advancement and technology leadership opportunities in a broad range of technological fields and in an highly diverse team of researchers and engineers.
With almost 100 employees we are a vibrant engineering and Innovation Center for electrical, vehicle, hydraulic, and aerospace applications for the region focus on businesses in Europe, Middle-East, & Africa
• Design and implementation of software solutions for Home Automation
• Preparing architecture and design documents
• Coding and unit testing of software applications
• Preparing test specifications, develop and run tests
• Providing support to field trials and early adopters
• Supporting maintenance of already existing software
• Studying and deployment of new software and communication technologies
• BSc / MSc Degree in Informatics / Cybernetics / Electrical engineering
• Knowledge of Java, C/C++ programming for Linux based embedded systems
• General knowledge of software development processes
• Interested in software applications in the field of home automation and iOT
• English on communicative level
Nice to have
• Java OSGi framework
• iOT technologies
• Protocols used for home energy and automation functions (ZigBee, Z-Wave, …)
• Linux distributions for embedded systems
• Knowledge of communication programming in TCP/IP networks, 6LoWPAN
• Knowledge of German language beneficial (able to read technical documentation)
• Good team player, able to work as part of geographically distributed team
• Willingness to travel occasionally
What Eaton offers:
• Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
• Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
• Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
• Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University (on-site in Prague).
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time