Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Commodity Manager - Indirect
- Develop reliable supplier base for all Eaton India plants for indirect commodities
- Market analysis and benchmarking, supplier selection, procurement.
- Ownership of Total cost for the assigned commodities.
- Commodity strategy and Sourcing strategy formulation and implementation.
- Drive Global synergies and leverages in the commodities assigned.
- Statutory & internal control compliance.
- Supplier Management
- Understand the business requirements for the respective commodities and ensure on time supplies at right cost and quality
- Supplier base selection, development and rationalization for the allocated commodities
- Own spend management and drive synergies and leverage across all the entities in Eaton India.
- Understand the Commodity levers in Indian Market in details and plan for maximum value realization.
- Monitor and maximize the Total Cost of Ownership and Savings for all the assigned commodities.
- Negotiate with the supplier using structured process and in elemental details for maximizing Eaton’s value, while following the principle of win-win.
- Develop strong Supplier - Eaton relationship with strategic suppliers.
- Implementation and adherence to the global Eaton Supply chain policies and procedures for indirect function.. Get aligned to and leverage Global commodity spend and strategies.
- Demonstrate very high level of Integrity and Drive compliance to the Eaton Code of Ethics and hold suppliers accountable for ethical conduct in all the transactions.
- Adherence to regulatory requirements and governance.
- Develop a strong communication system to get the organization engaged in meeting the goals.
- Contract Management – On time ,standardization ,understanding of critical points & coordination between Legal & other stake holders.
- Process adherence and improvisation.
- Graduation with minimum 10 years of experience in Indirect Purchase with hard core supplier management exposure.
- Excellent Negotiation skills.
- Exposure to managing different stakeholders in a matrix organization
- Knowledge of legal terms and Contracts Management
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP systems.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time