Eaton’s Vehicle Group is seeking an Accounting Associate. The Accounting Associate will be based at our Hastings, NE facility.
- Applies accounting techniques to classify & record transactions, consolidate and analyze data in accordance with GAAP and SOX requirements.
- Assist in month end closings; prepare journal entries, variance analysis, and various financial reports.
- Provide assistance in monthly forecasting and annual budget process.
- Monitor intercompany AR/AP and clear intercompany invoicing issues.
- Support facility compliance with GAAP/SOX requirements.
- Performs general or cost accounting activities requiring some insight into the why as well as the how.
- Assist in maintaining an atmosphere of continuous improvement and actively contribute to the team effort for accomplishing department goals.
- Performs payroll related activities including transmission of payroll, reconciliation, and problem resolution.
- Associate's degree in accounting or finance from an accredited institution required.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Hastings, NE facility will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Previous internship/job experience in accounting.
- Advanced Excel skills (V look-ups, pivot tables).
- Proficiency with Oracle, MFG Pro ERP systems.
payroll experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable in accounting principles.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Strong MS Excel and Word skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No