Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton’s Vehicle Group is seeking an Accounting Analyst. The Accounting Analyst will be based at our Hastings, NE facility.
The Accounting Analyst will provide financial analysis and decision support to Plant management, while ensuring the integrity of financial reporting within the guidelines of GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley, Eaton Financial Policies/Procedures and applicable tax codes. Duties involve a variety of accounting and finance functions focused around operational analysis, inventory, and month-end close. The Accounting Analyst will assist in all monthly and yearly month-end closings, budgeting/forecasting, and Profit Plan activities.
- Supports month-end close process by preparing journal entries and commentary
- Prepares monthly account reconciliations to ensure accuracy of reporting
- Supports Profit Plan and monthly forecast preparation
- Prepares presentations to provide feedback to stakeholders
- Manages the plant’s capital forecast and spend tracking
- Assist with the preparation and submission of the yearly LIFO process
- Participates in the annual physical inventory process, including leading training, designed to ensure the accuracy of inventory counts and costs
- Provides assistance to all areas of plant with regard to functional expertise and cross-functional support and training, providing guidance and education as needed to plant personnel on financial objectives and means of achievement
- Assist in maintaining an atmosphere of continuous improvement and actively contributes to the team effort for accomplishing department and plant goals
- Assists in ad-hoc requests from other departments and division headquarters
- Assists in internal and external audits as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 1 year of Accounting or Finance experience is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- CPA/CMA is preferred
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution is preferred
- Accounting/finance experience within a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Experience in administering payroll.
- Strong Proficiency with MS Office, including Excel (V look-ups, pivot tables)
- Knowledge of ERP/MRP (Oracle) systems
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time