State the primary function or overall purpose of your position.
Support and execute centralized audit strategy with respect to US GAAP group audit and supporting in-country local audit requirements remotely. The incumbent would work closely with the Process Leaders, site controllers and teams to ensure closure and remediation of any gaps and audit compliance. Assists in preparing, planning and performing internal controls audits and special projects to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls, business processes, and procedures at Eaton operations globally.
List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
Audit Support: Gain an understanding of business processes, evaluate potential risks during audit planning, and develop the audit scope and approach to address those risks. Ensure completion of the audit schedule (Internal, SOX, Group Audit) as per agreed timelines.
Governance & Compliance: To ensure compliance of the entity financial practices with all respective statutory and Local GAAP/Eaton Financial Policies requirements/Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Responsible for conforming to corporate policies and reporting, Local and US GAAP.
Process Controls: Control Changes & Governance of the standard process and reviews regularly with Process Leader/ audit team. Collaborates with the process teams to strengthen and remediate any process gap.
Management Action Plan (MAP): Collaborate and co-ordinate with the Process Leaders in preparing the Management Action Plan based on Audit findings and Work to successfully close the same.
Continuous Improvement: Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of processes and practices through the use of Eaton Business System and other relevant Process Improvement tools. Drive and leverage various systems and tools to automate and drive process improvements.
Projects: Work on Other activities or projects assigned by supervisor or special requirements for management or company.
Record any measurable statistics which your position impacts such as production expenses, maintenance expenses, sales volumes, payroll costs, capital expenditures, research budgets, cost of purchases, value of inventories controlled, employees supervised (direct and indirect).
Adherence to Timelines as per the statutory calendar with proactive planning and execution for the ledgers.
Drive Zero Gap Culture
Closure of MAPs (Management Action Plan)
Describe any specialized knowledge or skill (e.g., technical, scientific, administrative, managerial) which your position requires.
- Professional Accounting Qualification (CA/ CPA/ CWA/ CISA) or MBA-Finance with required experience in Audit profile
- 7-9 years of post-qualification financial accounting and audit experience with expert knowledge of US-GAAP requirements and Financial Statement Preparation (FSP) process
- Knowledge of Local GAAP (IFRS) will be added advantage
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to clearly and succinctly report key issues, business impact, and recommendations for improvement. Ability to work collaboratively across boundaries/business lines.
- Excellent MS Office knowledge, SQL knowledge preferred
- Hands on experience in using ERP (Oracle R12 and SAP) and BI tools required
- Experience of working with the large MNCs preferably in shared services set-up
- Demonstrates strong skills on following competencies: Dealing with Ambiguity, Customer Focus, Functional/Technical Skills, Integrity and Trust, Intellectual Horsepower, Managerial Courage, Organizational Agility, Drive for Results.
Describe all other aspects of your position that you feel are important and which have not been adequately covered (i.e. unique problems encountered, special freedom to take action, critical outside contacts, exceptional working conditions etc.)
- This role requires the candidate to work in 9.00 am – 18.30 pm shift however would need to stretch based on audit requirements
- Dealing with ambiguity with regard to changes in regulations/external requirements
- Systematic process orientation, strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Commitment to compliance
- Be a self-starter / independent worker & be able to operate without close supervision, Drive, passion, openness, honesty, diplomatic, persuasive, coach, encourage
- Influencing skills with relationship building
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time