Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Associate Buyer (Ariba) - Sourcing
The incumbent will work with Global Commodity Managers for Electrical business across Eaton and provide Strategic Sourcing Support including but not limited to RFX management (eRFQs on Ariba), Ariba e-auctions (reverse and forward), bid analysis, supplier follow ups, creating negotiation packs & data maintenance/management. The principal role of the Buyer-Ariba Sourcing is to provide direct support to commodity managers to achieve their annual goals related to category strategy and cost out targets. This position will act as an Ariba consultant for Global CMs and will also be responsible for training suppliers and buyers on e-auction tools and processes
- Identifies, leads and drives complex sourcing projects across relevant business area
- Execute on the developed category strategy for the aligned spend categories, with ownership of the strategic sourcing project portfolio (local, regional and global)
- RFI / RFQ Management – Request RFI or RFQ’s from suppliers, and in-depth analysis of RFQ’s, preparation of Sourcing Work Books and recommendation to commodity managers on the preferred sourcing solutions.
- Execute competitive bid events. Identify additional potential suppliers, conduct due diligence on suppliers, contact suppliers to communicate requirements, evaluate bids received and share findings with the end user.
- Monitor and report savings opportunities identified (WIP and executed). Present upcoming projects, recent accomplishments and potential risks to commodity managers and leadership team.
- Evaluates supplier bids and provides an award recommendation to the end user
- Reviews, screens and scrutinizes supplier responses and communicates questions to the appropriate stakeholders
- Reviews business requirements, category strategy and available market to determine the appropriate suppliers to conduct sourcing buying activities
- Coordinates with key stakeholders to understand requirements and mitigate risk
- Conduct user training for SCM team members, buyers, commodity managers, suppliers participating in the bidding
- Negotiation – Conducts first level of negotiations with suppliers based on the outcome of e-auctions.
- Report Management – Generates and analyzes different reports for global commodity managers & leadership team
- Single point of contact for all e-sourcing/Ariba related issues from global stakeholders & Eaton suppliers
Deploy e-sourcing/Ariba tool globally across all Eaton businesses
- Bachelor’s Degree with 4-6 years of experience OR Masters with 2-3 years of experience in Strategic Sourcing
- Experience in handling direct and indirect Sourcing & Procurement processes
- Expertise in e-sourcing tools specifically Ariba platform
- Understands supply chain nuances
- Need to have working Knowledge of any ERP
- Strong Knowledge in MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint)
- Ability to communicate clearly & effectively in person , via e-mail and over phone
- Quick response to deadlines
- Executing activities and working autonomously with minimal direction
- Strong business acumen: Understanding how markets work
- Excellent communication – written and verbal
- Change management skills: Effective influencer who can make persuasive arguments
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No