Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Lead Engineer - Automation and Electrification
EIIC Magarpatta – VG Vehicle Technology and Innovation team has an opening for an Engineering Specialist position who is passionate about his / her passion in leading the technology development for Vehicle Electrification , Automation, and Connected Mobility solutions. The specialist actively leads the investigation of novel technologies by conceptualizing and developing mechatronics system architectures and control algorithms and validates their capability to satisfy customer requirements and market needs.
· Incumbent should lead development of Automation and Electrification of Vehicles, Intelligent and Connected Mobility and demonstrate expertise in Model based, controls algorithms and software development.
· Understanding of inverter motor control and battery architecture and management schemes. Practical experience with vehicle electrical/mechanical interfaces, fusing, battery charging, energy and power management. Must understand safety aspects of high voltage architectures.
· Must have experience in vehicle dynamics and mechanics and controls for vehicle powertrain automation.
· Propose and lead end to end new technology exploration initiatives from conceptual development to prototype demonstration.
· Ability to understand customer needs and able to provide technical solutions with supporting value proposition.
· Understand stakeholder requirements and communicate them to other Eaton teams, and act as the liaison for program activities as appropriate. Provide regular reports on development & support activities.
· Provide expert resolution of issues and monitor integration of work
· Review technical concepts of all electronics projects including equipment specification and design
· Synergies and leverage engineering capabilities across groups
· Provides leadership for the team to meet its short and long term goals.
Train, develop & motivate subordinates to achieve their professional goals & review their accomplishments
Vehicle Automation and Electrification – End to End responsibility.
Intelligent and Connected Mobility for VG – All VG Products
Intellectual Property: Disclosures and Patent.
Maintain assigned project budget expenditure.
Required: Master’s Degree in Mechanical /Electronics / Electronics and Communication Engineering.
• 8+ years of experience in developing Controls and Automation solutions for Hybrid or BEV architectures.
• Hands on HiLs and Vehicle controls integration and validation experience.
• Experience of controls automation architecture for Vehicle drive train. Background on AMT/AT is prefered
• Experience of inverter motor control and battery architecture and management schemes. Practical experience with vehicle electrical/mechanical interfaces, fusing, battery charging, energy and power management.
• Knowledge of IoT based Connected Vehicle mobility architectures.
• Practical exposure to the Hybrid Vehicle architecture and Mechatronics systems.
• Ability to connect physics to software and algorithm development.
• Familiarity with control and signal processing techniques. Solid knowledge of Matlab and Simulink environments.
• Ability to drive decisions based on architecture tradeoff analytics and experience with advanced control algorithms and simulation techniques to evaluate alternate concept designs.
• Knowledge of software development lifecycle processes, methods and tools – Change management process
• Experience collaborating with local / global suppliers for prototype developments, external labs for testing etc.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills. A high degree of aptitude, creativity, and self-direction is required. Proven experience on Talent management (Hire, Develop, Retain), resource allocation and project management
• Experience in leading and managing engineering teams delivering products & solutions
• Awareness of DFSS tools like FMEA.FMECA, Monte Carlo Analysis etc.
• Demonstrated experience with Vehicle Power train control and software design and change management experience
• Demonstrated expertise in Matlab/Simulink/RT-Workshop tools
• Some knowledge of various software specification and design tools such as UML.
• Experience with Clearcase/ClearQuest for managing change requests.
• Knowledge of Requirement management tools preferably DOORS.
• Knowledge of Reliability for Embedded system Design.
• Should be well versed with Automotive product development and validation tools such as Matlab/ Simulink, Stateflow, Embedded coder, Hardware in Loop Systems, homologation and SW certification.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time