This position will be responsible for Eaton's B-Line sales strategies globally, leading the development and implementation of an integrated B-Line strategy. The person will also be responsible for the B-Line sales teams across multiple channels (electrical and mechanical) and other key influencers/buyers (distributors, contractors, OEMs, end users and EPCs/AEs). This role will work closely with sales and marketing personnel across the business to understand strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats within the current B-Line structure, and will help develop the processes and measurements to evaluate the organization's ongoing position. The role will partner with Eaton’s Electrical North American Sales Force (NAS) to capitalize on existing channel relationships and establish new opportunities to pull through products for B-Line as well as the broader Eaton portfolio.
Develops annual sales plan in support of organizational strategy and objectives.
Develops and directs implementation and execution of sales policies and practices.
Ensures communications are coordinated, support sales plan objectives and meet organizational expenditure requirements
Recommends sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analyses.
Implements distribution strategies.
Manages multiple channel selling strategies.
Builds, develops and manages sales team capable of carrying out needed sales and service initiatives.
Assures the sales team is aligned with cross-functional members of the organization to effectively achieve strategic growth initiative goals.
- Strong understanding of business fundamentals and financials.
- Strong team building and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all organizational levels
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Product knowledge, market knowledge and established customer relationships
- Designing and executing a strategy through others.
- Can influence without authority, in a matrix environment.
- Strong customer orientation and focus - builds trust and cultivates relationships with customers; understands,
communicates, and meets customers’ current and future needs.
- Analytical thinking - capability to synthesize information and leverage data-driven arguments to make and guide
- Execution/Operational mindset - ability to establish rigor, consistency, and a business cadence that drives the team
forward and achieves results, even in times of challenging market condition
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 10 years of sales or marketing experience with electrical distributors
- Management of direct team and/or agents and senior-level sales talent
- Accountability to manage and deliver results per sales plan
- Managing through channel conflict
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business
- Working with a global team or in a global environment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Executive
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time