Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Assembly/Test Technician (Aftermarket)
Eaton in Jackson, MS is seeking a full-time Assembly/Test Technician in our Aftermarket Department to work an off-shift.
- Assembles and builds all non-Marine & Defense sub-assemblies, rotating group, pumps, and motors having close tolerances and critical operating requirements where fitting, alignment, and adjustment are precise.
- Completes all required quality and customer information on reports and documents.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair to full operational status, all REO and failed test stand pumps and motors.
- Sets up and/or operates all assembly department test stands without assistance and maintains appropriate requirements. In cases where automated test stands are present, operator may be responsible for the operation of two stands.
- Reads and interprets test procedures to determine if the unit meets all applicable quality and standards requirements. Read gauges as required by the test procedures and transfers applicable/required data to defined quality reports and documents.
- Interpret hydraulic schematics, pressure gauges, strip recorders and test stand "x-y" plots. Must be able to read and interpret assembly and component prints and component maintenance manuals as may be required.
- Responsible for the cleaning and packing operations required for the rotating group processing.
- Utilizes hand tools in building and testing units. Employs measurement instrumentation such micrometers, venire calipers, etc. to check/verify dimensional assembly requirements as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and order in all working areas maintaining that area to the highest degree of cleanliness required for assembly operations.
- Ability to read and complete inspection ledger, inspection check sheet, operation sheet, move ticket and discrepancy report (DR) and other paperwork as necessary to comply with Quality Systems.
- Responsible for notifying supervisors when work received does not meet the specifications required by previous operators including paperwork requirements as observable.
- Performs operator defined preventative maintenance (TPM) and/or 5S tasks as required.
- Responsible for returning all tools to their proper location at the end of the shift and cleaning work area.
- Proper use of all tools and gages necessary to complete and to verify that all work performed has been completed to specifications as required.
- Subassembly operations such as, installation of pins, plugs, inserts, bearings, miscellaneous components, etc.
- Performs minor sanding, lapping, deburr or repair work as required in the course of performing the primary duties of the classification.
- Compliance to Manufacturing Self-Release Process (MSRP), and responsible for the quality of the product going to next operation.
- Responsible for safety for self and for other employees in the area.
- Other duties as required or assigned within the job classification.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum two (2) years of experience performing mechanical assembly, disassembly, and troubleshooting in a manufacturing, military, or aviation environment is required.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Jackson, MS will be considered
- Certification in Hydraulic Mechanics or related field from an accredited college or vocational school
- Associates degree in a technical field (e.g., Machining Technology, Mechanics, Industrial Technology, Maintenance) from an accredited institution
- Prior work experience with hydraulic systems in an aviation or military setting
- Understanding of and ability to manipulate mechanical systems
- Experience in tool making
- Familiarity with various types of test equipment used to test hydraulic systems and components
- A&P Mechanic certification
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No