Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Strategic Project Engineer
- Provide leadership to team of approximately 7 hands-on, technical staff to ensure cell uptime, cell flexibility, and maximum productivity. Create efficiencies with existing lab software and hardware to increase test cell uptime, and create standardized operating procedures to increase technician productivity.
- Lead project management for existing Capital project execution, and our future planning. Support existing infrastructure capital and expense projects and annual preventative maintenance on equipment to ensure machine uptime. Idea generation for innovative growth ideas by investigating the technology /market trends. Participate in generating intellectual property associated with innovation.
- Act as a subject matter on products, technologies, and manufacturing to support divisional and operational activities. Provide technical expertise on Lab hardware and software/controls as to replicate to other Hydraulics lab entities.
- Identify, analyze, and validate lab testing technologies in the areas of hydraulic, electronic, and materials/metallurgical testing capabilities. Collaborate with global labs to replicate standard procedures and testing capabilities. Identify, analyze, and validate technologies in the areas of hydraulic, electronics, and metallurgical testing software and hardware.
- Develop a five year budget plan and vision for lab capabilities to match the corporations needs on existing and upcoming product lines and HYD systems. Develop business cases associated with test cell uptime, productivity increases, and return on investments for lab equipment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and minimum of 5 years’ experience in engineering project management or product engineering.
- OR Master’s Degree in Engineering and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in engineering project management or product engineering.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now and in the future.
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of 50 miles of Eden Prairie, MN 55344 will be considered.
Hydraulics Power & Motion Controls product experience
Hydraulics industry experience
Experience working in engineering lab
Test Stand Equipment or operations experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No