Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton has an immediate opening for an Operator/Deburr located in North Charleston, SC.
- Properly start or restart equipment after power is interrupted or as a new start up. Re-zero all axes and begin machining process at proper point in program.
- Keep machines consistently running
- Identify non conformances utilizing trace, CMM and various inspection methods
- Use required hand tools and magnifying equipment to complete parts to process
- Adjust and make offsets to bring parts within tolerance
- Read and utilize process plan, blueprints, and program in prescribed sequence
- Properly place parts, casting or stock in machine securely and accurately
- Operate machines to perform prescribed functions on drawings
- Read and interpret complex engineering drawings, blueprints, customer specification and internal drawings and procedures
- Utilize Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Bring machine tool back to desired location and resume cycle if cycle has been interrupted. Understand function of proper usage and resetting of Emergency Stop Button
- Ensure tool lengths correspond to offset register. Have full working knowledge of tool presetter
- Identify alarm codes and respond with corrective measures
- Understand status lights, door interlocks, interlock released light and button. On/off buttons, and panel lock key.
- Understand multi-screen functions, alpha and numeric keypads and machine controls (i.e. alter, insert, delete, input, up, down, lft ,rght, pos, prog, system, message, settings, network, etc.)
- Operate and Understand function of mode switch and function keys (i.e. mem, mid, tape, edit, handle, job, rapid, zero return, SBK. OSP. BDT. PSM. PST. DRN).
- Properly use directional jog buttons, rapid traverse override buttons, and feed rate override buttons
- Determine and input proper wear and geometry offsets
- Evaluate tooling to determine if free from breaks, chips and abnormal wear
- Follow all Eaton safety policies and standards
- Fulfill the requirements of the Quality Policy and Quality Management System
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment adhering to 5S Principles
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution required.
- 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment or comparable education
- 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment operating a CNC machine or comparable education
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographical area will be considered for this position.
- 2 or more years’ experience in a manufacturing environment operating a CNC machine
- Experience using lean or lean tools
- Technical degree in manufacturing, machining, or related field
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No