Eaton’s Electrical Product Group is seeking a Lead Financial Analyst for its Residential Wiring Devices division. The Lead Financial Analyst position will be located at its Peachtree City, GA facility.
Position Overview :
The primary function of the Lead Financial Analyst – Commercial is to provide accounting, finance, and compliance support for Wiring Devices (WD) commercial opportunities and customer programs. The position supports the Business Unit Controller in making ongoing contributions in the areas of financial analysis, forecasting, profit plan, and special projects. The position works collaboratively with stakeholders to analyze customer conversions, customer profitability, sales reporting, product line profitability, and translates business opportunities into proforma financial models. Financial models are presented both within WD and with the larger Residential & Wiring Devices Division (RWDD) leadership team for division wide programs. The Lead Financial Analyst – Commercial works closely with sales, marketing, and builder teams to analyze and understand customer programs targeted as part of new and existing business opportunities. The ideal candidate is highly analytical, detail oriented, is comfortable with ambiguity, process improvement focused, can effectively manage multiple projects/priorities, and demonstrates the drive and people capability to deliver results within a global, growing, and profitable business.
Essential Responsibilities :
• Prepares and analyzes proforma financials for feasibility of new sales conversions based on input from sales, pricing, and builder teams to ensure minimum pre-determined profitability objectives are met
• Consolidate and stress test monthly/annual sales forecasts and customer profitability analysis with Retail, Distribution, and International sales channel leaders and plant leadership teams
• Supports the month-end closing by preparing gross to net sales analysis and detailed analysis of customer, product line, and contractor mix
• Ensure accuracy and reliability of results by providing in depth analysis and root cause variances of financial performance
• Coordinates annual Profit Plan budgeting process with functional owners
• Consolidates and challenges regional sales and mix forecasts, profit plans, and flashes
• Prepares Profit Plan top line targets in conjunction with marketing, sales, and other stakeholders; works closely with each region to stay aligned on targets
• Finance expert in BW and HFM Planning
• Works in a team environment to drive improvement in financial processes through tools/systems, automation, and standardization
• Works closely with each region on key deliverables and opportunities for improvement
• Supports a strong culture of internal controls and compliance with financial policies and standards
Although this position is part of the Wiring Devices (WD) business, it also provides financial analysis support to the Residential and Wiring Devices Division (RWDD). This role works collaboratively with stakeholders both within and outside of WD to model and understand the impact of large Homebuilder agreements that impact multiple sites within RWDD.
• Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution is required.
• Minimum of 3 years of financial analysis experience
• Minimum of 2 years of experience working with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint for financial analysis and reporting purposes.
• Relocation is offered for this position.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
Preferred Qualifications :
• MBA from an accredited institution
• CPA preferred
• Minimum 2 years of experience supporting a multinational manufacturing company
• Experience with SAP, Business Warehouse, Hyperion Enterprise, Hyperion Financial Manager (HFM)
• Experience in a manufacturing environment
• Ability to handle multiple priorities against multiple deadlines
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Possess the ability to communicate/present to senior level managers
• Requires a strong understanding of standard financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow) and working knowledge and application of accounting principles and practices.
• Demonstrates strong work ethic
• Strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
• Strong software and systems skills (Oracle, SAP, Encore, Microsoft Office).
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Strong time management skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Ability to adapt well to changes.
• Ability to identify and solve problems.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Cross-train with team members to build skills and experience across the finance team
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time