Eaton’s Electrical Division is seeking a talented Production Supervisor for 1st shift. This position is for our North Street facility located in Waukesha, WI.
Direct departmental activities and initiate/participate in cross-functional activities to accomplish the objectives of safety, quality, on time delivery, inventory, productivity and continuous improvement; which focuses on removing cost from the business.
- Drive Zero Incident Safety Culture
- Align Eaton Quality System priorities to department requirements
- Manage department operations and prioritize production requirements
- Facilitate shift activity among other department supervisors
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and contributing towards becoming a lean organization
- Must promote a team environment and must develop direct reports through problem solving skill sets. Initiate and coordinate assistance as required from support departments
- Create the basis for continuous improvement and employee empowerment by ensuring that standardize work processes are followed, countermeasures implemented and the area is compliant with safety requirements.
- Review daily in-process inventory reports to determine and assign priorities. Assign daily work schedules for direct and indirect labor to meet business goals.
- Monitor and provide coaching follow-up for performance regarding safety, quality and productivity.
- Monitor machinery, equipment and facility and initiate maintenance work orders, as required, to ensure efficient, effective and safe working conditions.
- Coordinate and maintain associate clerical files regarding attendance, overtime equalization, vacation, training and time-off requests.
- Manage department expense budgets. Conduct weekly department meetings regarding communications, department and plant concerns, and policy interpretation.
- Provide training resources within the department for training new business partners.
- Initiate and coordinate the job bidding process and determine eligibility of business partners.
- Assist Management Team in determining personnel requirements.
- Lead cross functional team to improve processes and meet plant objectives.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree from accredited institution
- Minimum 1 year of Manufacturing and/or Operations experience
- Minimum 1 year of leadership experience leading people or projects
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position; candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius in order to be considered
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business
- 3+ years of experience in operations and/or manufacturing
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Prior experience with lean manufacturing/operational excellence (5s, value stream mapping, standard works, etc.)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No