Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton’s Electrical Division is seeking a Quality Manager for our Greenwood, SC facility.
The primary function of the Quality Manager is to lead the execution and deployment of the Eaton Quality Management Systems (EMQS) to meet customer requirements. Manages and improves the overall plant quality systems and performance utilizing key performance measures, EQMS elements and Eaton Lean Six Sigma (ELSS) Tools.
- Lead all Quality practices in the Plant’s Eaton Business System implementation and EBE Assessment
- Direct the Quality function to meet plant quality objectives and drive the quality culture with the Leadership Team
- Own Quality Metric, Cost of Non Conformance (CONC) and Plant Tier Meetings. Lead Quality Gemba walks to enhance the quality culture. Engage employees on 8D and 5Y process for problem solving and defect elimination. Serve as mentor and resource for Quality Managers located at other facilities globally.
- Foster an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, quality policy, and encourages continuous improvement.
- All duties assigned by management and deemed pertinent to the continued success of Company and employee objectives and/or goals with respect to Quality and plant performance.
- Proactively drive continuous product and process improvement efforts through the implementation of Quality assurance methods and Lean and Six Sigma Tools.
- Serve as the plant quality liaison with Product Management, Sales, Field Services and Engineering groups.
- Plant support for Supplier Quality functions.
- Responsible for new product quality through Prolaunch and quality systems.
- Responsible for the collection of data, analysis and reporting of quality metrics and improvement projects in the Plant BSC
- Serve as a Champion on the Plant EBEA Leadership Team.
- Utilize Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF) to develop and implement strategic projects to continually improve the overall quality of product, information and service.
- Drive Make No, Pass No, Accept No Defects strategy by engaging all plant personnel on continuous improvement concepts and defect prevention.
- Interface with customers both in the plant and at customer locations to enhance their perception and understanding of the plant quality systems.
- Manage the development and implementation of statistical feedback programs required to effectively evaluate the Quality Management System.
- Manage all ISO 9001 program activities including being the primary plant representative and authority on ISO9001 requirements and the primary contact to external ISO auditors.
- Development, implement and manage a product warranty system that provides feedback to responsible departments and assures permanent corrective action. Utilize Tier Meeting process to measure, track results and develop countermeasures.
- Other duties, projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a quality role
- Minimum 1 year of experience managing people
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Master’s degree preferred
- Engineering or technical degree
- Certified internal ISO and CCTI auditor
- Engineered To Order product experience
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt
- Multi-tiered organization
- Lean manufacturing
- Electrical industry
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time