Eaton’s Electrical Sector has an opening for a Product Application Engineer for their Transformer Business located in Waukesha Wisconsin.
This position is for a Product Application Engineer for the transformer’s marketing organization. The primary purpose of this position is to provide technical marketing support to both internal and external customers and support for all transformer marketing initiatives.
- Serve as a transformer subject matter expert by providing technical product and application support to Proposals Analysts, Inside Sales Reps, Sales Agents/Reps and Customers. As required, serves as primary subject matter expert for all product and application matters pertaining to specific market verticals such as, Oil & Gas, Solar, Data Centers, or Utility.
- Serve as a key customer liaison for all commercial support matters, including management of customer visits, witness testing and inspections, and periodic customer alliance meeting. Gather customer intel during the visits and report back to marketing management team.
- Management of large contracts including scheduling, deliveries, and quality issues.
- Serve as a key customer liaison for all technical product support matters, including specification clarifications, test requirements, and product scope.
- Support strategic marketing and product development initiatives through collection of Voice of Customer (VOC) data, analysis of product/application trends, and assessment of new product market potential.
- Perform detailed specification reviews and provide input into transformer quotations per customer specifications, as required.
- Provide pricing recommendations to marketing management and proposals teams, balancing business growth and profitability objectives.
- Develop and deliver product support and marketing communications including technical presentations, training seminars, promotional materials and research and/or white papers for publication and presentation at conferences
- Attend key industry meetings as identified by sales management, internal management or as needed to improve the business.
- Develop a strong understanding of the production process, including test standards. Work collaboratively with engineering, quality, supply chain, and warranty to resolve commercial issues.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in technical marketing or engineering
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Waukesha will be considered.
- Must be detail oriented, able to prioritize and execute multiple tasks in an efficient manner and demonstrate a good work ethic and positive attitude
- Excellent analytical, communication, interpersonal, problem solving and decision-making skills to support internal and external contacts within a multi-cultured environment
- Ability to work on multiple quotes/orders/projects simultaneously and independently
- Ability to work on time sensitive quotes/orders/projects, meet critical deadlines, and deliver commitments in a calm and organized manner
- Ability to gain, utilize and share technical knowledge
- Very customer and commercial centric
- Proficient using MS Office tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 1 year of experience using SAP and a quotation system
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time