Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
District Sales Engineer (DSE) Eaton Bussmann Southern Wisconsin
- Sales to Buying Accounts: Responsible for the sales of Division products to original equipment manufacturers and through distributors to various end customers. Maintains contact with management of key accounts located within the assigned territory.
- Promotional Activities, User and Buying Influences: Implement promotional programs with the following users and buying influences: * Distributors - Institutional Users * Original Equipment Manufacturers - Utilities * Architects and Consulting Engineers - Insurance Companies * Contractors - Inspectors * Industrial Users - Schools and Universities * Commercial Users - Trade & Industry Organizations * Governmental Agencies
- Technical Assistance: Provide appropriate technical assistance, regarding application of Division’s products to buying accounts, users and industry influences.
- Sales Planning and Forecasting: Develop and recommend sales plans, forecasts and objectives for assigned accounts in support of long and short-term sales objectives. Collects and supplies information to enable management to establish sales goals and objectives.
- Account Service: Assist buying accounts in a wide variety of customer service activities to ensure continuing satisfaction with the Division and its products.
- Training: Assist in the training and development of less experienced Sales Engineers/ Representatives, as necessary.
This position, reporting to a Region Sales Manager, is responsible for translating this philosophy into actual sales in their assigned territory. To accomplish this, the incumbent will initiate a variety of activities (to include personal contact, group presentations, training, etc.) with industry influences that will directly influence future sales. This sales activity is a major part of the job. The DSE has frequent contact with electrical distributors, Industrial plant and maintenance engineers, consulting engineers, electrical contractors, OEMs and other key buying influences. The DSE will possess an understanding of Bussmann’s markets and customers, customer satisfaction, NEC (National Electrical Code), electrical design, and application of over current protective devices.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution is required
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a sales, marketing, or engineering position
Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Milwaukee, Madison, West Bend, Janesville, Richland Center or Dodgeville WI to be considered.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD UL Bussmann
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time