Eaton’s Electrical Division in Lincoln, IL is seeking a talented Production Supervisors to support the following shifts:
- 2nd Shift: 3:00pm – 11:00pm
- 3rd Shift: 11:00pm – 7:00pm
The Production Supervisor is responsible for managing department(s) of employees in the assembly or fabrication of products for Eaton customers. The primary objectives will be to achieve results on the High 5 metrics (safety, quality, on-time-delivery, inventory, productivity), drive employee engagement, and develop the team to continuously improve.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will direct and manages production activities involved in the assembly or fabrication of final products. Maintains production schedules at the most economical cost, keeping quality at a high standard.
- You will drive accountability in the production area while influencing your team to achieve defined metrics and goals.
- You will plan and organizes material flow through processes for effective and efficient utilization of machinery and employees.
- You will assist in the selection, training and development of production personnel and participates in their performance evaluation and development. Addresses areas of concern with employees to promote excellent performance.
- You will complete all daily reports, for payroll and production reporting purposes. Monitors inventory and scrap in the department.
- You will maintain safe working conditions and assures that all safety rules and OSHA regulations are enforced.
- You will keep all activities within company policies and in line with union contract.
- You will work with employees, employee teams and co-workers on all process improvement, safety improvement and cost reduction projects to improve effectiveness, process and job knowledge.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
· Minimum 2 years of leadership leading people or project teams
· Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
· Prior direct supervisory experience a plus
· Prior military experience preferred
· Working knowledge of Lean and Continuous Improvement
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time