Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
3rd Shift Valve Forge Press Operator
Eaton located in Kearney has an opening for a 3rd Shift Valve Forge Press Operator.
Job responsibilities include promoting safety, quality, production and 5S. The operator will be responsible for running an automated valve forge press, but will also be expected to cross-train including running a manual valve forge press. The operator would be responsible to complete changeovers in a timely manner, change their own tooling and minor troubleshooting of the press, which could include the lube system, kickouts, rails, etc. Although this position would start on an automated forge press, the employee would be expected to learn additional operations such as manual valve press, material handler, shear operator, quality control, and die assembly.
- Operates Valve forge press
- Troubleshoots machine malfunctions and performs minor maintenance on machines.
- Keeps work area clean and free of hazards – maintains 5S
- Works and communicates with audit/quality control and supervisor to identify quality problems or concerns
- Performs set-up on presses for different valve prints
- Sorts valves, gears, and slugs for defects
- Adjusts machinery during changeover
- Uses gauges to check valve/gear specifications
- Changes punches and dies as needed
- Works with tool room on die quality problems
- Perform other incidental and related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Relocation not included - must live within 50 miles to be considered.
- Understands Statistical Process Control
- Blueprint reading
- Fork truck operation
- Ability to setup machinery
- Ability to read process sheets
- Visual inspection of cold and hot parts
- Entering data into computer
- Position may require daily overtime, 7 days a week and working holidays
- Physical requirements include constantly being on your feet, using a set of tongs to grab hot valves and perform quality checks. The employee would be working in extreme heat in the summer. When operating an automated press the employee will be on their feet for their shift.
- Some walking required when completing change overs or tooling changes.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs, pushing, pulling when changing tooling. In addition to the plant wide PPE the operator is required to wear green tinted glasses, shop coat and gloves.
- One year of industrial experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No