Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Engineer - PDCAD Wiring Diagram
The primary responsibility of this position will be to provide professional front end systems support with minimal direction to prepare all necessary electrical drawings including, but not limited to, one line layout, 3-D models of short order specific parts or Power distribution assemblies, overall layout, and connection details for complex assemblies from customer specifications and information; perform a wide variety of activities requiring the application of more complex drafting principles and related technical knowledge. Understanding of FEA and FEA tools like ANSYS/Abaqus/HyperWorks for performing basic static FE simulations is desirable. Develop best practices working closely with teammates from Eaton India Innovation Center (Pune) and various PDCAD facilities in North America for front end operations.
• Skilled in understanding customer requirements, preparing the general arrangement drawing, Schematic, Single line, Component selection.
• Demonstrated proficiency with 2D and 3D CAD tools with electrical or mechanical systems. Knowledge of standard industry drafting/modeling practices
• Good communication skills in English to maintain effective communication, both verbal & written, with stakeholders, customer, team members and cross functional team
• Elementary knowledge about working principles of various LV/MV equipment like transformer, Circuit breaker, relay, switches etc.
• Ability to excel as a team player by successfully collaborating with engineering peers as well as cross-functional personnel to ensure custom designs meet customer expectations
• Understanding in FEA and experience in FEA simulation tools like ANSYS/ABAQUS/HYPERWORKS to perform basic static simulations
• Awareness of international standards such as ANSI, UL, IEEE, IEC for designing/drafting of electrical circuits, Knowledge of ANSI symbols
• Hands on experience with drafting tools such as AutoCAD, AutoCAD E (optional) & 3D drafting tool such as Inventor / Micro station
• Knowledge of control/power cable sizing, space requirements, Metering& modes of communication (communication protocols) desirable.
• Performs Quality Checks to ensure drawings meet Eaton and customer standards / requirements
Qualifications• EDUCATION: BE in Electrical Engineering.
• Experience Required: 5 to 8 years of design experience with working on electrical schematics for LV/MV substation and automation
• Hands on experience with Electrical AutoCAD, electrical schematics
• Awareness of Lean Six Sigma/DFSS
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time