Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Visual & Pack Auditor - 3rd Shift
Eaton has an immediate opening for a Visual & Pack Auditor - 3rd Shift located in Belmond, IA.
Performs dimensional and visual inspections of finished valves to support finish production lines. Performs 100% inspection to support prototype (samples) parts. Performs nondestructive testing when required. Performs data collection to support line historical data requirements and/or machine studies.
- Performs valve dimensional, visual, and radial (comparator) audits according to quality procedure production line requirements
- Performs outgoing dock audits according to quality procedures, e.g., packaging, labeling, visual inspection, and magnetism
- Completes all required audit documentation and record keeping
- Completes 100% inspection on all prototype (sample) orders
- Completes valve data collection using electronic collection systems. Also performs machine study data collection when appropriate.
- Assists production in solving product quality problems; typically leads any containment actions and identifies product to support the rework or sort process
- Performs general product dispositions and supports visual & pack associate questions related to product quality
- Assists Front Line Leaders to support quality system requirements
- Performs NDT (nondestructive testing) inspections to support lab audit requirements
- Sets up all runout (TIR) gages to support audits
- Monitors non-conforming areas and supports associates in sorting activities
- Maintains work area and audit equipment in accordance with 5S practices
- Actively participates as a functioning team member of problem solving teams
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Relocation is not offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate Belmond, IA area (50 miles) will be considered for this position
- Understanding of how to use precision gauging instruments including comparators
- Understanding of visual standards and customer requirements
- Ability to proactively work with other team members
- This position requires standing and/or walking for an entire eight - twelve hour shift.
- Knowledge of liquid penetrant testing
- Proven ability to run a machine with multiple settings
- Prior experience in nondestructive testing (NDT) or auditing practices
- Understanding of engine valve nomenclature
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No