Senior Field Services Representative
Eaton Electrical Engineering Services & Systems division has an opening for a Senior Field Service Representative. The position will be based out of our Edmonton,CA office.
Eaton’s Engineering Service & Systems division wants to help you fuel your career! Eaton has the largest and most experienced team of filed services technicians and engineers in the industry. This team brings extensive skills and experiences to field service engineering. Active participation in recognized technical societies such as NFPA and IEEE and collaboration with a variety of utilities and industries ensures that our technicians are knowledgeable about today’s cutting edge technology and engineering techniques. We assist customers at every stage of the power system: offering start-up and commissioning of equipment, performing planned maintenance, monitoring performance, diagnosing system problems remotely, as well as responding to emergencies on a 24/7 basis, 365 days a year. Our support services help businesses make the most of their existing electrical equipment by optimizing performance and extending the life of existing facilities.
The Power Distribution Systems organization offers career opportunities at a variety of levels representing increased scope and responsibility within the organization. The Senior Field Service Engineer provides field service engineering and technical assistance to customers in areas of installation, startup, maintenance, and repair, training, and modification of electrical power distribution equipment; self-manage assigned projects for electrical equipment; provide technical solutions to customers; perform less conventional complex engineering assignments that may involve equipment or product design, testing of materials, process studies, or research investigations
The primary purpose of this position is to provide field service engineering and technical assistance to customers in areas of installation, start-up, maintenance, repair, training and modification on power transmission, distribution and generation equipment and systems.
- Provide field service engineering, technical assistance, scheduling and sales support direction to FSR’s and customers in areas of installation, testing, start-up, maintenance, repair, training and modification of electrical power distribution equipment;
- Responsible to self-manage assigned projects for electrical equipment; knowledge of electrical test and diagnostic equipment.
- Deliver technical solutions to customers.
- Performs less conventional complex engineering assignments that may involve equipment or product design, testing of materials, process studies, or research investigations.
- Mentor less experienced technicians.
- Provide technical training.
- Perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton’s Philosophy and Values, as well as Safety and Environmental standards.
- Red Seal Journeyman Electrician or post-secondary degree/diploma in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 7 years of experience evaluating and servicing electrical distribution or control systems.
- Legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
- No relocation provided – candidate must reside within 80km of the Edmonton, AB site.
- Experience in testing, troubleshooting, evaluating, and servicing electrical distribution and control systems
- Experience in performing power quality measurements, troubleshooting, and analysis
- Experience in protective relays
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time