Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Field Service Representative
Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services & Systems division has an opening for a Field Service Representative. The position will be based out of either Ottawa Ontario or Kingston Ontario.
Position Overview :
Eaton's Electrical Services & Systems team offers a comprehensive portfolio of services tailored for every stage of a power system’s life cycle—whether it’s design, build, or support. Our services integrate and optimize the elements of a power system to make sure it’s aligned with business goals. We can help keep your power system safe, efficient, reliable, and up-to-date.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide field service engineering and technical assistance to customers in areas of installation, start-up, maintenance, repair, training and modification on power transmission, distribution and generation equipment and systems.
- Provide field service engineering, technical assistance, scheduling and sales support direction to FSR’s and customers in areas of installation, testing, start-up, maintenance, repair, training and modification of electrical power distribution equipment;
- Responsible to self-manage assigned projects for electrical equipment; knowledge of electrical test and diagnostic equipment.
- Deliver technical solutions to customers.
- Performs less conventional complex engineering assignments that may involve equipment or product design, testing of materials, process studies, or research investigations.
- Mentor less experienced technicians.
- Provide technical training.
- Perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton’s Philosophy and Values, as well as Safety and Environmental standards.
- Red Seal Journeyman Electrician or post-secondary degree/diploma in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience evaluating and servicing electrical distribution or control systems.
- Legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
- No relocation provided – candidate must reside within 80km of the Ottawa or Kingston ON site.
- Experience in testing, troubleshooting, evaluating, and servicing electrical distribution and control systems
- Experience in performing power quality measurements, troubleshooting, and analysis
- Experience in protective relays
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time