Eaton has a 1st Shift Assembler- Light Industrial opening in Tualatin, OR
• Perform complex and repetitive assembly to complete sub-assemblies and final assembly of product.
• Work to standard operating procedures / work instructions, bill of materials, product specific information, and instruction from Management or Engineering to established procedures.
• Responsible for visual inspections of material before and after assembly.
• Use various fixtures, gauges, and assembly tools to assemble, adjust, or repair product
• Checks electrical/mechanical performance of completed assemblies to ensure compliance to Tualatin Plant Quality standards and assists in making necessary adjustments when required in order to meet quality goals.
• Reports irregularities or equipment malfunctions
• Adheres to all environmental, health, safety rules and regulations, and work instructions
• Maintain equipment and perform housekeeping duties as necessary using the principles of 5S.
• Assist team in achieving plant and department goals.
• Assist with on-the-job training and continuous improvement
• Fosters an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement through participation and teamwork.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Minimum of 6 months of basic computer experience required
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in light industrial manufacturing environment required
• Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
• Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates in the immediate geographic area (50 mile radius) will be considered
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms.Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
• Must have a High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
• Working knowledge of the mechanical, electrical, and safety procedures of a manufacturing facility
• Ability to solder surface mount and through hole components
• Ability to read and interpret drawings and schematics
• Must have basic computer skills
• Eye/hand coordination
• Experience in hand assembly
• Ability to work daily and/or weekend overtime
• Good problem solving and troubleshooting ability
• Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
• Lifting of up to 10 pounds is required frequently
• Lifting of up to 25 pounds is required occasionally
• Ability to frequently stand or bend
• Experience in electro-mechanical assembly
• IPC-A-610 rev F Soldering certification
• SAP knowledge and proficiency
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No