Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Workers' Compensation Specialist
Eaton’s Corporate Sector is seeking a Workers' Compensation Specialist. The Workers' Compensation Specialist does not offer relocation and all candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of a U.S based Eaton location to be considered.
Compensation Specialist will be responsible for workers’ compensation claims
through resolution. This includes making
decisions about claim direction, evaluating losses, and negotiating
settlement. This role will serve as the
subject matter expert and primary contact in Insurance & Risk Management
for workers’ compensation for the third party administrators (TPAs), internal
customers, attorneys, and other third parties throughout the claims management
process. The person in this role
provides daily direction to the TPA’s administrating Eaton’s workers’
compensation claims. Additionally, the
incumbent will provide training to Eaton’s professionals charged with workers’
compensation responsibilities, and will implement corporate-wide workers’
compensation programs and initiatives
- Effectively manage and lead the internal workers’ compensation claims administration process so as to mitigate Eaton’s exposure and minimize the company’s total cost of risk.
- Execute claim settlements/dispositions.
- Offer counsel to, and assist in training and development of, key contacts.
- Analyze and assemble statistics and metrics as needed.
- Comply with, and continuously improve, SOX compliance controls for Eaton’s Workers' Compensation Program.
- Review, authorize, and confirm the posting of appropriate reserves for Eaton’s workers compensation claims.
- Ensure operational excellence through regular auditing of TPA claim system.
- Manage internal workflow processes to drive operational efficiencies.
- Implement controls and authorize requests that ensure claim files are closed appropriately.
- Complete other
special projects, assignments or engagements as directed by department
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in workers’ compensation claims management is required.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience in multi-state workers’ compensation is required.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of an Eaton facility will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or Nursing
- Two years of professional experience in self-insured programs
- Two years of professional experience in insured programs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and strong organizational skills required.
- Capable of working independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Requires the ability to work within, and to influence, a broad spectrum of organizational levels and external vendors.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time