Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Quality Systems Engineer
Eaton’s Power Reliability Division is seeking a Senior Quality Systems Engineer. The Senior Quality Systems Engineer will be based at our South Milwaukee, WI facility.
Lead continuous improvement activities in all areas of manufacturing in support of the Eaton Quality System (EQMS) and the Eaton Business System (EBS). Responsible for providing support and Quality Leadership for supplier quality, process, and customer quality.
- Responsible for managing customer complaints related to the facility and for tracking, monitoring and initiating Customer Corrective Action.
- Lead cross functional teams in problem solving and issue analysis in an effort to address either customer or production related issues.
- Responsible for supporting production manufacturing with problem solving, process improvements and resolution to manufacturability issues. Directly supervises quality technicians and inspectors.
- Directly supports ISO 9001 quality system and supports the implementation and management of the site quality system and procedures.
- Subject matter expert responsible to identify gaps at the plant level and execute improvement activity. Execute or facilitate all aspects of APQP and Part Approval and sign-off for both suppliers and customers, manage revisions of process control documents such as PFMEAs, control plans and other quality tools to ensure compliance.
- Works with suppliers to initiate and close Corrective Actions and to ensure that root causes have been properly identified and eliminated.
- Ability to lead and conduct Supplier Assessments to qualify potential new suppliers or evaluate existing suppliers. Works with the Supply Chain organization to develop new suppliers as appropriate.
- Reviews supplier PPAP submissions including control plans and assists with control plan creation where necessary. Ensures all appropriate Special Characteristics are included, that reaction plans are adequate and customer approval is obtained where necessary.
- Assists suppliers with statistical analysis and process capability (Cpk, Ppk) where necessary to improve performance or product quality.
- Works with Design Engineering and Supply Chain to ensure that quality criteria are clearly identified on all newly established parts and communicated to suppliers.
- Responsible for developing and leading routine risk assessment activity on all new products and with changes that affect existing product.
- Works in partnership with engineering to support all development projects and milestones related to Quality and improve the overall process to achieve zero defect quality and launch readiness.
- The successful candidate must have the flexibility to work hours as needed to support customer needs including non-standard hours, weekends, and other items as appropriate as they arise.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Ability to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates must live within 50 miles of South Milwaukee, WI.
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional projects.
- Proven ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
- Proven ability to query and manipulate data using MS Excel, MS Access, Minitab, and/or other programs and transform the data into information.
- Proven ability to write technical documents such as procedures and specifications.
- ISO9001 or TS16949 Experience.
- Good understanding of lean concepts, principles & tools such as Value Stream Mapping, 5S, Continuous Flow Manufacturing, Set-up Reduction, Pull Systems and Standardized Work.
- Six Sigma Black/Green Belt certification.
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) or justifiable equivalent.
- Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) or justifiable equivalent
- Proven ability to solve problems utilizing common problem-solving methodologies/tools such as Plan-Do-Check-Act, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control process, 5-Why, Fishbone diagrams, pareto charts, control charts, etc.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time