Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Heat Treat Technician- 2nd Shift
Eaton in Jackson, MS is looking for a full-time Heat Treat Technician to work 2nd shift.
- Read and understand work instructions.
- Read and complete inspection ledger, inspection check sheet, operation sheet, move ticket and discrepancy report (DR) and other paperwork as necessary to comply with Quality Systems.
- Operation of gas and electric heat treat furnaces.
- Operate and program microprocessor control and carburizing furnace.
- Operate induction machines, set grid control, P control, and kilovolts to ensure correct frequency.
- Apply Statistical Process Control know how to detect an out-of-control condition.
- Use testing instruments to read temperatures and the depth and quality of hardness.
- Select and regulate furnace temperatures for specific treating jobs, visually inspect materials for foreign matter and positioning materials on racks or containers, load furnaces and select time prescribed heating cycles to bring material to proper temperatures.
- Application of coatings to mask part surfaces.
- Operation of Alodine equipment.
- Ability to read and complete inspection ledger, inspection check sheet, operation sheet, move ticket and discrepancy report (DR) and other paperwork as necessary to comply with Quality Systems.
- Responsible for notifying supervisors when work received does not meet the specifications required by previous operators including paperwork requirements as observable.
- Performs operator defined 5S/TPM tasks as required.
- Responsible for returning all tools to their proper location at the end of the shift and cleaning work area.
- Proper use of all tools and gages necessary to complete and to verify that all work performed has been completed to specifications as required.
- Subassembly operations such as, installation of pins, plugs, inserts, bearings, miscellaneous components, etc.
- Perform minor grinding, lapping, deburr or repair work as required.
- Compliance to Manufacturing Self-Release Process (MSRP) and responsible for the quality of the product going to next operation.
- Other duties as required within the job classification and duties of lower classifications.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- One of the following is required:
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience performing machining, metalworking, material lab technician, or heat treat technician duties.
- Possess a Welding or Machining certificate
- Possess an Associate’s Degree in a technical field (e.g., Machining Technology, Fabrication, Mechanics, Industrial Technology, Maintenance) from an accredited institution.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Jackson, MS will be considered
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- One year prior work experience as a heat treat technician
- Prior work experience using Aerospace Material Specification (AMS) specifications
- Prior work experience using Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Knowledge of or experience using NADCAP Accreditation AC7102 checklist
- Successful completion of the Aerospace Material Specification (AMS) course in Principles of Heat Treat
- Team player attitude demonstrated in boss and peer relationships
- Strong work ethic demonstrated through action orientation and a drive to achieve results
- Concern for job safety
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Ability to operate personal computer and computerized equipment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No