Eaton’s Fuel Motion Control Division within the Aerospace Group is seeking Accounting Manager. The Accounting Manager will be based at our Jackson, MS facility.
This role is instrumental in support of the Plant Controller to ensure an adequate internal controls environment throughout the plant. This includes the effective deployment of a comprehensive account reconciliation and balance sheet review process. This position also has direct leadership responsibility for ensuring financial accounting activities at the location are in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, local statutory requirements and Eaton Corporate policies and practice. This role is also instrumental in leading the development of and analysis of forecasts and actual performance and operational metrics. This individual is responsible for the Plant budget process with a focus on cost savings projects and capital expenditures.
- Establish and monitor compliance with internal accounting controls deemed necessary to ensure integrity of financial transactions, reporting and activities; and safeguarding of plant assets in adherence with corporate policies and procedures. Ensure compliance of statutory requirements as applicable to the plant.
- Provide leadership for plant Balance Sheet review process. Ensure comprehensive account reconciliations are performed on a monthly basis. Conduct formal quarterly balance sheet reviews to ensure account accuracy. Provide training to all plant finance personnel to ensure a comprehensive understanding of the plant balance sheet reconciliation process.
- Coordinate and implement improvements to monthly closing procedures ensuring accuracy and timeliness. Administer and manage daily finance operations as applicable to plant. Scope to include cost accounting, payroll, payables, billing, capital, and general accounting.
- Assist in development of finance department goals and objectives. Implement procedures necessary to direct department activities toward achievement of goals and objectives.
- Recruit, train, and develop finance personnel to provide for individual career development and growth opportunities for subordinates to encourage individual progress and ensure efficient workforce.
- Responsible for the implementation and deployment of actions to ensure an adequate environment of internal control. Provide compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and all applicable statutory requirements as they apply to their areas of responsibility.
- Advise, counsel, mentor, evaluate, and motivate finance personnel as necessary. Assist in the training of new finance employees. Ensure an adequate on-boarding plan is in place prior to start date, with on-going status checks to ensure completion in line with scheduled milestones.
- Assist in development of strategic and annual profit plan information and presentation material.
- Provide business partnership to all areas of plant with regard to functional expertise and cross-functional support, providing guidance and education as needed to plant personnel to achieve financial objectives. Act as advisor and provide counsel to plant staff and personnel regarding financial operations and interpretation of financial information.
- Monitor, review, and investigate cross-functional administrative performance measures to ensure goals are met. Develop, communicate, and help to implement corrective actions.
- Prepare capital appropriation requests in accordance with corporate policy. Ensure recommended capital projects provide appropriate returns on invested capital
- Manage, analyze, and evaluate fixed asset and capital project system/data bases to ensure accurate and timely reporting of both actual and forecast data.
- Manage and coordinate annual physical inventory ensuring compliance with corporate procedures and accuracy of physical count. Ensure appropriate cycle count procedures are deployed.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate department budget system. Develop and implement reports for management use in evaluating results against performance targets.
- Manage the process to identify and quantify cost out opportunities and related data capture in database. Ensure integrity of financial information related to cost out projects.
- Leads department activities related to process improvements and standard work. Assists in maintaining an atmosphere of continuous improvement and team efforts for accomplishing department and plant goals.
- Act as the primary financial representative for the plant during the controller’s absence.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 5 years Accounting experience is required.
- Minimum 2 years in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- CPA/CMA/MBA or progress towards the completion of these is preferred.
- Sound working knowledge of GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley and local statutory requirements.
- Working knowledge of the Cost Accounting Standards and Federal Acquisition Regulations is highly desired, specifically in the area of Forward Pricing Rate development and CAS Cost Impact analysis.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time