Team Leader - 2nd Shift Lead
Eaton has an immediate opening for an Team Leader-2nd shift located in Greenwood, SC
Under the direction of the Manufacturing Supervisor, the Shift Leader is responsible for leading the manufacturing operations for the off-shifts (2nd shift). The Shift Leader will assist with the leading and coaching of manufacturing employees to deliver excellence to our customers and meet assigned deadlines. Shift Leader will be required to assist with daily production. The Shift Leader will ensure that production is managed in an efficient and safe manner with the highest quality standards while encouraging a clean and organized environment. The Shift Leader will have interaction at all levels of the organization. This Shift Leader will provide coaching and direction to their teams, while driving accountability in the business; ultimately helping lead the department to achieve its business level and strategic goals utilizing Lean and continuous improvement methodologies to drive continuous improvements.
- Assure policies, procedures, and other documentation are followed to ensure consistent and compliant product.
- Proactively implement, promote and maintain a safe working environment through diligence in accident prevention, investigation and rule enforcement.
- Drives the company’s vision and mission by reinforcing ethics, values and quality policies throughout their area of responsibility. Aligns workforce to the company vision through Eaton Philosophy workplace practices and beliefs that build trust, mutual respect and teamwork between employees at all levels of the organization.
- Acts as a business partner through the direction of the Manufacturing Supervisor for planning, initiating, leading, measuring, monitoring and assessing continuous improvement programs and manufacturing process improvements by applying appropriate Eaton Business System (EBS) processes and problem solving tools such as ELS (Eaton Lean System) and 5S.
- Promotes a quality culture by demonstrating customer focus and regularly communicating customer feedback to employees in order to facilitate collaborative problem solving, drive continuous quality improvement and ensure alignment/compliance with industry standards.
- Complete administrative task in an accurate and timely manner.
- Under the direction of the Supervisor, actively participates in setting, communicating and achieving department goals and objectives and develops and maintains performance metrics as required to monitor results and uses those results as a tool to identify and initiate process improvements within own work area. Coordinates and/or participates in continuous improvement teams in own or other areas to enhance plant results.
- Engages the workforce and promotes personal accountability by identifying goals, empowering employees to drive decision making, foster innovation and continuously learn and by providing ongoing feedback to employees.
- Acts as an agent of the company by positively communicating the policies, practices, changes and decisions of management while fairly and consistently applying policies and practices to all employees.
- Motivates and coaches employees to maintain high levels of satisfaction, productivity, and quality through effectively utilizing available rewards and recognition channels to encourage and promote desired behaviors and results.
- With the assistance of the Manufacturing Manager and Supervisor, effectively confronts employee performance and behavioral issues. Holds employees accountable with immediate feedback when desired behaviors and expectations are not being achieved.
- Shows empathy towards employee issues by providing support, information, and counseling and in appropriate situations acting as an employee advocate by raising issues with management. Follows through on commitments made to employees.
- Promotes employee development and potential through effective performance management and coaching and ensures that appropriate and required training is completed for direct reports so that they have the necessary skills, knowledge information and tools to do their jobs safely and effectively.
- Demonstrates an appreciation for similarities and individual differences and promotes a culture of inclusion that leverages the full potential of all employees.
- Promotes employee satisfaction and engagement and champions the continuous improvement of year-over-year results as measured by the employee satisfaction survey.
- Follows all environmental health and safety procedures and practices to assure a safe work environment. Ensures that all employees are trained in the applicable environmental, health and safety practices for their respective positions. Identifies and corrects unsafe conditions or practices to assure a safe work environment for all employees.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED for an accredited school
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive experience in manufacturing.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Relocation is not offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate Greenwood, SC area (50 miles) will be considered for this position
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or a related field of study from an accredited school
- Previous exposure to assembly / manufacturing technologies and processes
- Knowledge and experience with the Lean Manufacturing concepts and tools
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of MFG-Pro
- Strong analytical thinking skills; intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability
- Disciplined, objective, and detail-oriented
- Acts as a business partner; sees the big picture and works through ambiguity and change
- Ability to be energetic, a critical thinker, skilled in driving process improvement.
- Leadership and sense of urgency: ability to drive to positive results in a complex environment.
- Strong ability to develop and motivate people
- Effective use of communication and tact with internal and external stakeholders
- Advanced computer knowledge with MS Office Applications
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No