Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Test Stand Operator-1st shift
Eaton has an immediate opening for a Test Stand Operator-1st shift located in Greenwood, SC.
The Test Stand operator prepares, assembles, inspects and tests hydraulic components and products in accordance with product and process specifications. Responsible for correctly assembling associated components and forming a complete assembly in accordance with specifications. Sets up and monitors the assembly and testing process, actively participates in Home Teams and continuous improvement events in support of process and product quality. Responsible for completing all required certifications to perform required duties.
- Work with Process Engineer to access and select proper fixtures for performance tests on a variety of hydraulic products.
- Install units onto fixtures and select and key in prescribed programs to conduct performance tests (PSI, V.E./M.E, etc.) on manual and computer numerical controlled test stands.
- Observe and record instrument readings and any performance failures completely and accurately.
- Ensure each assembly is labeled/packaged completely with appropriate packing material.
- Maintain all fluid levels and restock all boxing stations at the end of each shift.
- Ensure the quality of the products by verifying components and observe for leakage where applicable.
- Prepare work by studying product and process instructions including assembly drawings and parts lists, and by gathering necessary parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Position, align, and adjust parts for proper fit and assembly by using templates or reading measurements.
- Set up and operate appropriate equipment, tools, and fixtures to correctly assemble associated components and form a complete assembly in accordance with specifications.
- Assemble components by examining connections for correct fit, fastening parts and subassemblies.
- Ensure that all testing activities adhere to environmental, health/safety rules and regulations and work instructions, and monitor data recording processes to comply with tracking requirements.
- Lead in checking and testing mechanical alignment and performance of completed assemblies and subassemblies.
- Provide on-the-job training for test stand operators in order to ensure the achievement of departmental goals and continuous improvement.
- Inspect products for defective parts and errors that may occur during the testing process, and assist with correcting quality issues.
- Work with area supervisor, quality, and area engineer to identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities in product quality and productivity by actively participating in departmental Home Teams and continuous improvement events.
- Record and document all testing related inspection and test results, materials / parts, tools, fixtures, and daily production in accordance with defined product and process specifications and testing procedures.
- Maintain safe, clean working environment in compliance with all Eaton safety standards, Life Saving Rules, and daily 5S+ requirements to help build a Zero Incident Culture (i.e., proper use of protective personal equipment (PPE), machine safety guards, ergonomic movement, lock out/tag out, MSDS procedures, and OHSA regulations to reduce the risk of injuries and continuously improve safety performance).
- Communicate effectively with peers, area supervisor, and area engineer to ensure product quality and production processes are complete.
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited school
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographical area of Greenwood, SC (50 miles) will be considered for this position.
- Associates degree in related field from an accredited school
- Assembly / manufacturing technologies and processes experience
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing concepts and tools
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with hand/industrial tools, semi-automated tools / fixtures, and precision measurement gauges.
- Demonstration basic computer skills to operate specific programs and access appropriate documentation.
- Demonstrate strong documentation / record keeping skills.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills inter and intra work group.
- Ability to read, understand, and effectively apply information contained in all applicable documents (i.e., product drawings and work instructions).
- Ability to work with mechanical test and inspection equipment.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to perform frequent repetitive movement of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- A satisfactory record of recent job performance (for internal candidates, satisfactory performance would be indicated by a rating of 3 or higher in all areas of performance on the most recent evaluation including attendance).
- Ability and willingness to work overtime and any shift as needed.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No