Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Lead Tax Analyst-M&A Tax Strategy
Eaton’s Corporate Sector is seeking a Lead Tax Analyst. The Lead Tax Analyst will be based at our Beachwood, OH facility.
The Lead Tax Analyst is a dynamic position that supports the M&A Tax Strategy group with global tax planning, structuring, project management assistance and due diligence related to complex global acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures. This position requires the incumbent to closely interact regarding global tax matters with other M&A functional team members within Eaton such as Corporate Development and Planning, Legal, Finance, Treasury and Human Resources along with experienced external advisors. This position requires an employee to continue to expand his or her current focus within tax as it will expose the employee to many different areas of taxation on both U.S., and international tax levels. This highly motivated employee should have strong tax technical skills, solid organizational and interpersonal skills and must have the ability to handle numerous tasks.
- Perform tax due diligence on acquisition target companies
- Identify and quantify potential tax synergies for acquisition target companies
- Review legal contracts
- Assist in development of global acquisition structures
- Perform tax research
- Correspond with outside tax and legal advisors, Finance, Legal, Treasury and the Operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of public accounting and/or corporate tax experience is required.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Beachwood, OH facility will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Five years of public accounting and/or corporate tax experience.
- M&A experience.
- Federal or international tax experience.
- CPA or CPA in process highly preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, including strong written communication skills
- Ability to research and communicate tax technical issues
- Fundamental understanding of Federal income tax law
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft applications, financial accounting systems, and tax compliance programs
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time