State the primary function or overall purpose of your position.
• This role is in Accounts Payable Process in a fast paced, high volume SSC environment that supports Eaton’s global business and operations that use ORACLE application for financial accounting and reporting. The position supports the design, governance and adherence to standard processes for the Purchase to Pay functions which includes processing invoices, indexing, payments, vendor master creation and maintenance, answering supplier queries, resolving customer queries etc. with a high degree of efficiency and quality for Eaton business units. This position is responsible for managing the PTP function and is responsible for the development and deployment of the PTP strategy. This position is also responsible for managing key production metrics and activities associated with quality audits.
• To take accountability and responsibility for the day to day delivery of the Accounts Payable process for the ledgers that are on ORACLE
• Operation and Functional Responsibility: This position would report directly to the Lead _ ORACLE (TS) with Operation and functional responsibilities. The position is operationally and functionally responsible for the Accounts Payables process for the ledgers on ORACLE. The primary task would be to build a scalable and capable organization to deliver quality services at optimal cost. This position would also require working in collaboration functionally with other shared services to deploy organizational strategy and design. To provide functional expertise in support of one or more end to end business process/services in support of all sub AP process such as Invoice scanning , Invoice booking , Payments , Vendor & Inter-company reconciliations , AP period closures , AP SL Vs. GL reconciliations , GRNI & Hold resolutions , Customer and supplier query management systems , Supporting internal and external audits & most importantly compliances like WHT etc and its reconciliations etc.
• Customer Engagement: This position would be responsible for building customer relationship across all customer segments. Developing initiatives, scheduling regular operational reviews in the process enhancing the quality of services to the customers. Customer visits to enhance visibility of ISSC organization and regular updates to the stakeholders.
• People Management: This position would be responsible for managing the teams with responsibility for mentoring and developing potential team leads/managers. Building Organizational Capability would be one of the primary objectives of this position. Manages, motivates, and appraises the performance of a team of Accounts Payables professionals. Ensuring teams meeting deliverables in time and with expected quality and productivity. Ensuring discipline , Professionalism and caring attitude within the team that helps build strong AP Organization.
• Control & Compliance: Control Changes & Governance of the standard process and reviews regularly with Process Leader/Peer Reviews/IA/ SOX/ EY audit team. Ensuring compliance of the entity with Sarbanes-Oxley Act (Section 404/302) and Co-ordinate with the Statutory/Internal auditors to facilitate the audit process. Keeps up-to-date with key business changes and process/technical trends and acts quickly to acquire the knowledge and skills that will contribute to making the organization an industry benchmark
2. List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
1. EBS Culture: Implement EBS Pull to the core.
2. Customer Engagement and Satisfaction: – Drive customer engagement and satisfaction by meeting customer expectations and needs, build customer facing KPIs, voice of customer thru periodic meetings and ensuring timely resolution to customer queries/feedback etc. To plan, schedule and manage the defined business services, delivering to agreed timescales, budget, quality criteria and contractual commitments.
3. Service Delivery: To ensure that the service delivery is being managed in accordance with the agreed processes and procedures with regard to:
Service level management, including reporting
Documentation, including maintenance of appropriate review documentation and audit trails
Change control (with both customers and suppliers).
4. To report and escalate service issues in an appropriate and timely fashion and initiate timely, corrective action where required.
5. Process Centric: Develops the organization to make creativity and innovation a process rather than an occurrence, to address efficiency and process cycles.
6. Process Standardization: Regular review of existing controls and Governance of the standard processes and ensuring alignment to global defined SSC processes.
7. Process Culture: Defines controls and enforces standard processes for Accounts Payables across ISSC-Pune, working in tandem with other shared services/COE’s. Ensure standard processes are deployed across all ledgers supported by ISSC Pune.
8. Strong Control environment: Ensure processes are compliant with SOX and Internal audit guidelines. To ensure compliance of the entity financial practices with all respective statutory and Indian Accounting/Eaton Financial Policies requirements. Responsible for conforming to corporate policies and reporting, legal requirements, Indian statutory and US GAAP.
9. Quality culture: Drive and leverage various systems and tools to automate processes and drive process improvements. Encourage use of quality tools like BPI, EBE, etc.
10. Continuous Improvement: To demonstrate a practical approach to continuous improvement of the processes which directly manage the delivery of our services.. Improve formalized standards and procedures in using new technologies and facilitates others in learning new technologies. Proactively seeks and acts on ways to positively promote and foster initiative in own team and other departments of the organisation. BPI/ Lean Culture: Implement and improve processes and operational procedures including, but not limited to AP.
11. Supplier Management: Ensuring supplier queries and issues pertaining to invoices, payments etc are promptly addressed by working with various stakeholders to drive resolution. Ensure ease of doing business with Eaton.
12. To participate in projects, provide support to working parties and advise on financial practice within the accounting and related transactions area.
13. To identify and manage risk in his/her business activities and take responsibility for reporting risks in a timely, open and appropriate manner. Understands and appreciates diversity of approaches and opposing perspectives on issues and adapting one’s approach to changing requirements & situations.
14. To Communicate Shared Service Centre Strategy within Eaton and creates and align goals accordingly to teams and individuals.
15. People Management: Be a people builder by building the next line of leadership. To manage, motivate, and appraises the performance of a team of Accounts Payables professionals. Rewards and encourages high performance teaming and initiatives which promote a high team spirit across.
16. Understands the key fundamentals that drive the business results success of the organisation and its customers and suppliers. Linking actions and decisions to their impact on team performance results and for creating a business acumen culture among the team.
17. Growth: Establish & grow the AP process to take up end to end ownership of the work performed out of SSC Pune. Work with the Lead to develop and deploy strategy to ensure a scalable and robust vertical meeting organization design and needs
4. Describe any specialized knowledge or skill (e.g., technical, scientific, administrative, managerial) which your position requires.
• Experienced Manager of People (10 years) is essential, preferably a CA/MBA/ICWA
• Must have handled a team of minimum 25+ FTE’s
• Knowledge of ERP required - Oracle, ORACLE, MFGPRo
• Strong process knowledge of PTP cycle
• Knowledge of SOX/ US GAAP/ India regulatory/Internal control
• Effective communication with ability to build successful teams
• Strong leadership skills
• Excellent written/oral communication skills
• Demonstrated process improvement and project leadership skills
• Ability to independently achieve consensus and bring forward new ideas to remove barriers
• Proactive work style
• Ability to work under pressure and balance many assignment at one time
• Proven Record of delivery of process improvements.
• Ability to own a project and bring it to a logical and successful completion
• Change Management Experience is preferred
• Analytical bent of mind and problem solver
• Core knowledge of AP- Purchase to Pay Cycle
• Strong organization agility to respond to changing business requirements and demands
• Intellectual rigor
5. Describe all other aspects of your position that you feel are important and which have not been adequately covered (i.e. unique problems encountered, special freedom to take action, critical outside contacts, exceptional working conditions etc.)
• Candidate should be agile to work
• Able to work independently; self-motivated
• Adaptable to change
• Able to travel internationally as required
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time